The Red Breadvan

R99

OK, update time again. BBS wheels are for sale. I've made a wheel choice and I'm sticking to it: Rota SDM's with gunmetal centers. I'll hopefully be in a position to have them on the car within the next couple of months.

In the meantime, I got the JCW exhaust tip put on today for a very reasonable £20 (had to have part of the exisiting pipe cut and then tack weld the JCW tip in place to ensure a rigid fit)

Before:

IMG_2389.jpg

After:

IMG_2399.jpg

th_IMG_2402.jpg th_IMG_2401.jpg th_IMG_2400.jpg th_IMG_2398.jpg th_IMG_2397.jpg

Edited by R99

More shiny bits have arrived. RCA's to dial out some of the -2.5(ish) rear camber.

ad2bf7c7.jpg

d9ef7a88.jpg

Gonna get the SDM's bought and fitted early next month & then head to Coastal Racing early August for fitting of the RCA's, rear camber adjustment & a ride height set up.

Then that's it until I can afford factory aero side skirts.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time again....

sdm-gunmetal-pollip-lg.jpg

I've just done a cracking deal for some Rota SDM's, supplied brand new for £590, they should be with me on Wednesday :)

Specs are:

18 x 8J

ET45

CB 56.1 (direct fit - no spigots!)

8.65kg per rim

I have gone for the gunmetal finished centre with polished lip.

I did think long and hard about the colour option, but for me, I think thats what will look best with a red and black MINI.

I'll be be running them with my current 215/35 Toyo T1-R tyres, so they should have a nice bit of stretch on them over an 8" rim, but nothing over the top :)

One of my front tyres is loosing air though (goes from 30 psi down to 20 psi and just sits there??) So until I can get to the bottom of that, I'm not going to fit them straight away.

Has anyone got any advice regarding sealant / wax for polished wheels??

Another update.

Finally managed to source myself a drivers side headlamp for a reasonable £60 (I've had a spare passenger one for ages). So the plan is to split them down using a hair dryer (my gf doesnt know this yet!) and then get the insides painted in a high temperature black paint.

Has anyone got suggestions / experience as to what paint is best for the job??

The last thing I want is for the paint to bubble due to the heat from the lights....

12fe7613.jpg

Stunning Clubman R99 :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work

Love Red

Ryan

Headlights split down now.... took literally 10 mins to do both with a hair dryer :)

8485a554.jpg

3192b277.jpg

Gonna swerve the painting though and get a bodyshop to do it properly, then re-asemble the lights myself.

Does anyone know if the 'glue' becomes adehsive again after heat is re-applied? If not, what do you have to use to reseal the lights??

My wheels are here...

85bb15a8.jpg

Really happy with them, and the metallic colour looks great in the light. Not so sure why I have been sent raised centres rather than the flat ones you see online?? I have ordered up some BBS caps anyway.

Pics..

8e287f38.jpg

811912b8.jpg

c309ce93.jpg

Very nice! Do they split?

No they dont, shame really, but they are essentially a branded LM rep wheel...

id leave the bbs caps to be fair youll end up gettig alot of stick, , keep the orta badges or get some mini or custom ones made up,

I know I will......

But.... replica rims, fake splits.... I think the centre caps are the least of my worries as far as the haters go ;)

Get jcw caps made :)

Might do that if the BBS ones wont fit with some DIY. :)

Looking good mate keep us updated and loads of pics of the BREADVAN:) :)

This is the first time I've seen you post and not offer to buy some wheels :)

Love what you've done\are doing. Keep the updates coming.

I agree though I would get Mini centres for the wheels, rather than badge them as BBS.