Chassis Notch

VWFTW

Wassssup CL..

I need some help!

I have recently just bought some FK's for my Lupo.. But I keep hearing problems about the Driveshaft knocking on the Chassis leg!

So I don't want to lower her too much yet, before I get this sorted!..

Does anyone know anybody that could possibly 'Notch' my Chassis ?!

Car based in Northampton, but I can travel!

PM or reply on this thread!

Thanks

Elliot

Please keep it in mind that if it gets picked up on an mot and the tester is not satisfied with the work you will fail your mot and risk being sent for a IVA test.

Please keep it in mind that if it gets picked up on an mot and the tester is not satisfied with the work you will fail your mot and risk being sent for a IVA test.

+1 to this, think about if you REALLY need it before having it done. Many people on here are very low and have little issue with the driveshaft

im in the same boat, after looking today i have minimal clearance on my driveshaft (so little i dont want to share it) , but not sure if i really want to cut a chunk of chassis out :/

i'd say im lower than that, ive never heard mine hit, but it must have done seeing as 1, theres less than 1cm between it and the chassis, and 2 theres a ring around it where its been rubbing.. uh oh.

Thanks for all your feedback guys!

I did think that tampering with the Chassis would course problems on MOT day!

At the moment I've only just had my coilovers fitted to my Lupo.. So I'm going to wind it down to the full tonight and see how I go!

Thanks for sending in pics btw.. You have a decent Lupo!

:)

I have FK Highsport Coilovers.. They are one of the lowest coilover set going! Apprently! lol! I shall probably measure each side to make sure it's all equal! I don't want my Driftshaft to rub! :( haha!

I've got mine as low as it will go 100mm on jom coils it scrapes most places but not noticed the drivshafts rubbing but I have destroyed my silencer on the downpipe so I need a custom one without the silencer (going higher is not an option), 13" makes it loww hehe

• 2 weeks later...

got quoted £80 for a chassis notch :D

elliot sanjay will do it for £100, meet me some time and look at mine and see the quality of his work, he's giving me the keys to his unit so i can do my tie rod flip to go lower, no doubt he could do your notch then and i'll drive up with you