Mojo the loop, New owner, New hoops

Arosaproject

Cheers Pete, I've spent my car fund for this month, but if you still got them at a later date ill probably have them

My door cards, parcel shelf, boot sides that in the car at the moment will be for sale at a later date plus all the extra material (theres quite a look left) for a very low price

Cheers Pete, I've spent my car fund for this month, but if you still got them at a later date ill probably have them

My door cards, parcel shelf, boot sides that in the car at the moment will be for sale at a later date plus all the extra material (theres quite a look left) for a very low price

how much would that be :shifty:

Mellows looking excellent atm! Picked up my one last weekend, Y reg, in yellow, with the lacquer peel and cracked rear bumper paint too lol. I'm rocking the cassette player too B) Only missing the rear headrests and parcel shelf which I'd at least like to have. Not done anything to it yet but all sorts of ideas running through my mind now I've read through this!

Edited by Tome

going to be the year of the arosa at shows this year! can't wait to pick mine up, Mellow is looking sweeeeet :thumbsup:

Major progress since I last checked in, loving the seats & wheel trims!

Jamestdi, I heard you had red and yellow :) have you sold yours? Cheers for the comment

Tome, In June/July I will have things for sale ;) haven't got a cassttte player, got a double din ;)

Cheers Spenny, smashing the overtime in to hopefully get mellow in to body shop for the end of the year

Cheers Koop, yea a lot has happened fella and I have a few things that I'm going to keep unwraps till it comes out of body shop

And cheers emz, yours is looking stunning!! Yours and jamestdi are 2 of the best and I follow you 2 a lot ;)

Probably will still be here man. Massively can't be assed advertising them.

Lovely mate, good to see my old wheel trims still going :)

Lovely mate, good to see my old wheel trims still going :)

Cheers, means a lot coming from the master him self :thumbsup: , have 15 of the trims now lol

Yeah still got mine! Will be comi out to play soon!

So what wheels you going to be running? As adam has your rims now

• 1 month later...
So not posted in a while as i haven't had much to post about really plus been very busy at work again,

Well i have good news and bad news.........

Good news is i have got new seats in and people who attended the last meet would of seen them

8667050867_8afde89af8.jpg

Not much.. by Aroasproject, on Flickr

8667051269_f84877b955.jpg

Then i have new plates for mellow and if you look at my sig you will see they are different, my early birthday present from the old man, still waiting for paper work so i can put them on

If you know my last name you will get the plates

8668153030_9083abfed1.jpg

So that's all the good news and now for the bad, 2-3 days ago i came home from work, sorted a few things out and went to go back out and mellow now doesn't want to start, turns over and fire's once and then just turns over and over, as work is still busy and finding the time to look at it, she just sits on the drive, had green flag have a look and they say it isnt alarm could be a relay for the fuel pump?? but to be frank i haven't a clue whats wrong with it, nothing on the vagcom all fuses are fine, so the next few weeks going to see if it can be sorted, if not good buy arosa as this has been a pain in my arse since day one and to be frank i think it has got the better of me now, so it could strip everything and sell or maybe an easy fix time will tell really

But on a good note this is my new daily, old skool baby haha

8668153488_190ed63269.jpg

8667051765_28962033c1.jpg

If anybody has an idea or has seen an arosa\lupo do this before, please let me know

Edited by Arosaproject

try a constant live to the fuel pump. also have you checked its not ignition system?

would be a shame to get rid of it now, youve put lots of hard work into it and tidyed it up quite a bit!

We know the fuel pump primes just a case of seeing after that, will have to see what happens, have been told a few things to try so going to go though the list one by one

As the relays arn't that much money going to go though them 1st or like you said main feed pump, fingers crossed :wacko:

• 2 months later...

Haven't been on here for a very long time.......

So after 3 months of the Arosa sitting doing nothing as it was broken, i did nearly strip it and sell everything (sold seats to cethin as she really wanted them)

But now i work different hours and get a lot better money, so things are about to change, i'm going to finish this car if it kills me lol

So i gave up with little companys that said they could sort my car and got it booked in at seat

Took a while to get it on trailer lol

9206667515_b5a782f77d.jpg

Once car was pushed on i couldn't open the door lmao, so had to climb though the boot lol

9209451086_3afe514b71.jpg

A couple of weeks later got a phone call and went and picked it up (was very impressed that yea said its in quite good nick apart from the paint lol), booked it straight in for mot as that had run out plus the tax, gave it a massive clean and raised it as me mot man doesn't like low cars lol

9209453082_2fb5dfc7b1.jpg

With a stroke of luck all the car failed on was the drivers side front flexi (was rubbing on coilovers) so passenger side and drivers side was ordered and fitted and the went for re-test, and now the old girl is back on the road and i have to say i have missed driving it..............

9206601131_c865799444.jpg
9206602307_a463e76a13.jpg
9206603387_a9f7033e0e.jpg

So ive treated it to a new set of wheels (put deposit down) and a new interior (deposit down on this as well) once ive picked the interior up its going for a retrim, next after that is paint but something has popped up so paint money is going on that and it will hopefully be getting paint in the new year.........

The key stopped working and some how messed the car up, I thought it was ruined but seat sorted out for me, they replaced a few sensors as well while it was there,

It's going back in a few weeks for a few other things

And while driving to work today the insp service came on lol but ill get that turned off today....

• 1 month later...

So where do i start....

Not been on for a while again as ive been busy with work, but i have now got this and still the arosa, going to be using the arosa as a daily and the lupo (mojo) for shows, i did once say that i would never do this, but with change of hours at work meaning i earn a little more and Callum (Vwcal) was selling his lupo due to buying a lovely mk2 golf, i bought it off him and im very pleased, 62,000 miles and what a lovely drive! Both cars are Y reg 2001 one being a sport and the other a s model

9450193760_3af362ba3e.jpg
Mellow + 1 by Aroasproject, on Flickr
9447412891_31f8605d7f.jpg
9450196630_f74a4b0fd5.jpg

So i still have two jobs on the arosa to do, one being air bag light and need to replace all disc's and pads

On the loop as in running things, i just need to replace the down pipe (had to do this on the arosa) as its gone on the flexi pipe part, as i know callum, i know whats been done since he's had this car

So the loop came with recaro interior, kw coilovers, 16" golf alloys (in a lovely colour, my camera doesnt really do it justice) that im going to keep but i am keeping me eye out for some thing else in the future, leather door cards and a few other little bits

9447410591_2ddb703761.jpg

After a wash, polish and wax (loving the reflection)

9450198012_e0e33858a8.jpg
So future plans for the loop are get some paint done, few marks here and there but still polishes up very well, get a re-trim on the seats (have few ideas at the moment) get the back end down a tiny bit more, have a play with some wider adapters, source some cambridge lights, replace the lower front bumper, plus the rear (i have one of these already) Put my private plate from the arosa to the loop, change the rear view mirror as its gray for a strange reason, even tho it has black plastic's?? Plus a few extra bits but going to keep them to myself for now -_-
Going to try and have paint done by start of show season next year and go from there
So heres some more random pic's i have taken
9447467433_5885a88161.jpg
9447466747_dabc871d82.jpg
9450248108_486d076f14.jpg
9447465285_29e708000f.jpg
9447464485_7fd7fb6bc1.jpg
9450245832_e4fbbc621a.jpg

Nice pic after cleaning, loving the refection shot :wub:

9450245046_5037295c41.jpg
9450244408_3cd438754f.jpg
9447460703_a038a30eb2.jpg
9450198012_e0e33858a8.jpg

Sorry if its a bit random, tried to get a lot in a short writing lol

Cheers

So i had a little time on my hands yesterday evening.......

So i took each wheel off, one by one and gave them a clean, tar remover, polish the wax

Very happy with the results :tongueout:

One dirty wheel:

9465934086_9c912f6a44.jpg
9463149353_c0830f756a.jpg

Washed

9465932640_e7bcd0334c.jpg

Polished and waxed

9465933410_e459264480.jpg

Another shiny pick at different angle

9465934902_61c6e7e7f1.jpg

Had a good look in each arch while each wheel was off as well (there is a trolley jack under there as well i have seen them slip on other peoples thread's)

9465931834_4500cc9201.jpg

Comments are welcome :thumbsup:

Have to say, like my arosa but i love the loop :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Surprised i haven't had one comment, but oh well im still going to be posting

So I've been swapping a few things here and there between the loop and arosa, haven't taken any pic's of this tho as its just a few trim bits, rear wiper swapped but.......

I found these for the loop

9649553493_76a2e00523.jpg

Always wanted these Audi A8 winter wheels but never seem to find them and then they came up and i did a deal with the owner and 20 pounds of petrol i got them home, There 16" (so same size as whats on mojo at the moment) 5x112 eta 42 7.5J

and heres how they sit with adapters (wheels are in part refurb)

Im so happy with the way they sit :yes:

Front:

9649553061_3ca6490244.jpg
9652784460_682df5f557.jpg

Back:

9649552187_9d74bd0cd2.jpg
9652785250_7a36d0db33.jpg
9649552693_05b525a6b5.jpg

:tongueout::wub:

Comments welcome

Cheers

Mark