''And immediately there was a problem....''

LupoHarry

Hi all,

I joined the forum after Google search's leading me here when looking at...... well Lupos, and must say that it seems like my kind of site haha, all about cars, I am currently looking at getting a Lupo (a black 1.0e to be exact ;) with a view to modifying it etc. After searching through different topics have made my own list of mods that i would want to carry out lol, but before i even buy one, I need some help, and its with you've guessed it... insurance, being 17 the quotes i get for anything other than a 50cc scooter, are always mental in cost, so could you possibly point me in the right direction of a good insurance company that you've had experience with, and any similar quotes, (since I've seen other posts about other lads my age getting Lupos...)

Cheers, Harry

Apparently adding your mum as a 2nd named driver will bring it down considerably.

Also you may wish to consider one of the tracking devices which some companies supply.

Location would help as it's hard to compare different postcodes.

Cheers for the replies lad's, but matt123roll showed me Coop insurance (with a tracker) and quotes are cheap! Silver! how much does it cost you to insure your beautiful GTi? :thumbup:

Just under £200 fully comp, business cover, £0 voluntary excess, £70 compulsory excess and more...

I have a multi-car from Admiral and the total for the GTI and the Dune TDi comes in jsut shy of £200 with the same details on the Dune.

3808087435_6b1863c23d.jpg

Dune_6 by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

And thanks for the compliment.

£998 for a new driver at 17 is cheap, like really cheap. My first years insurance was a bit more than that and I was 21.

As above, adding parents as named drivers usually brings the price down. Limited milage is also a good thing.

Hey bud.

Might sound stupid but have you put your details into compare the market. com?

Then you can sort by cheapest first? Might be worth a try as this gets all insurance quotes from loads of firms ive never heard of?

*DubbisH*

im 21, got my 1st car (lupo 1.0) in nov, last year, im with elephant and its £1200ish a year.

fully comp.

£250 vol. excess.

alloys, lowered.

the best bit, NO TRACKER!

with a tracker they give u a base price, and they monitor your driving, if you exceed 60mph (even on allowed roads) they bump it up, if your driving is seen as aggressive or harsh they bump it up.

i found out the hard way! so i switched.

Thanks lad's may just give elephant a try since co op do not insure any mods :( But i'm currently learning to drive in my Citroen C1 Code :paperbag: , which is worth a few quid so i'll keep it until around December, then i'll get a lupo and start my dream first/ second car :thumbup:

with a tracker they give u a base price, and they monitor your driving, if you exceed 60mph (even on allowed roads) they bump it up, if your driving is seen as aggressive or harsh they bump it up.

i found out the hard way! so i switched.

Curious who your experience is with? I've just been given £50 back off my policy from the co op with a tracker and I always do 80 on the motoroway, 40 in a 30, drive at night etc. People are put off by trackers but I'm 18 and paying £750 on my own policy on my 1L Lupo. For me the pros far out weigh the cons :)

Curious who your experience is with? I've just been given £50 back off my policy from the co op with a tracker and I always do 80 on the motoroway, 40 in a 30, drive at night etc. People are put off by trackers but I'm 18 and paying £750 on my own policy on my 1L Lupo. For me the pros far out weigh the cons :)

it was with insure the box, TERRIBLE!, but from what your saying, what u have sounds pretty sweet. i might see what they say when i re-new

Edited by jakefresh

it was with insure the box, TERRIBLE!, but from what your saying, what u have sounds pretty sweet. i might see what they say when i re-new

Ah yeah heard terrible things about ITB but they actually run the co op young drivers so can't understand how the two are so drastically different!

It's all about doing 99 + in 30's so that you put those silly speed things off the limiter.

My insurance gets canceled if i do double the speed limit or anything over 105mph :( my lupo tops out at 96mph so that ain't an issue but doing 60 in a 30 is :/