16's advice please

ElZ 16v

noticed times are changing and im bored of small diameter wheels and lowness killing subframe so could anyone advise me on a good width 16" wheel i reckon 7-7.5 the limit on a 16"?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds about right I wouldn't go any wider than that, certainly on the front. Mine are 16x7 & I don't have any clearance issues but they're a fairly low offset & I haven't lowered it yet!

7 or 7.5 for mor stretch. Tyres need to be 195/40/16 to prevent wheel scrub on full lock and not to put the speedo out

Sounds about right I wouldn't go any wider than that, certainly on the front. Mine are 16x7 & I don't have any clearance issues but they're a fairly low offset & I haven't lowered it yet!

cheers.. will 195/40/16 be easy to get tyres in that size that size im not clued up on tyres but could use 165 50 16?

yea not gunna be a whole lot of clearence :P

i had 17" wheels on my arosa, hardly scrubbed and it was lowered - but then tyres were mega stretched!

18082011778.jpg

i run 8x16 et 35 with 195/40/16,s as daily,s it can be done

3404848551_8ccac31e07.jpg

Edited by dubsy

not how to run 17's on a lupo...

i had 17" wheels on my arosa, hardly scrubbed and it was lowered - but then tyres were mega stretched!

18082011778.jpg

how to run 17's on a lupo... :P

_small.jpg

dsc00933smalldv7.jpgdsc00933smalldv7.jpgdsc00933smalldv7.jpgcan get a 165/40/16, rubber band type stuff mind you

they are what I'm running on the Dirty Stancing Lupo

523049_10151539673330392_524925391_24033157_2078130457_n.jpg

not a particularly nice ride, but anything else and it would have to ride SKY HIGH

Edited by Little Green Giant

theres plenty of 15" that havent been done...

one word of advice on 16's. if you dont want to either be rolling high, or to have a lot of clearance issues dont even bother with 16's!

I've had enough of this size, so will be moving on very shortly soon! :P

just need to do a bit more arch work first...

plenty still to be done yet ;)

:thumbsup:

Edited by Little Green Giant

yea i dont want a normal style of wheels may look at 15's again as i dont want mega rubbing issues althought i have bags of arch room but would a 16" wheel with say another inch worth of tyre is gunna problem bottom out on the inside of the arch

see i would do that to my arches but he custom made his and i dont have the time nor the money haha! my lupo is going 4x4 mode so why not set it off with some lovely GIANT WHEELS? :o

Mine would look nice with black centres and a sand 'n' polish on the rims ;)

i want either big chunky like 5 spokes or a flat mercedes looking wheel

was thinking of getting some old mercedes wheels having them plugged welded and redrilled to 4x100 if i can get it done for not too much dollar..

may just paint the g60's bright yellow this weekend :P

i have no idea i like every different style of wheel i see aha

want something that looks good not scrappy an tacky like my steelies as the car is going matte black i need something thatl look good