The problem with Members Rides sections on forums

DarkStryder360

On any given car related forum, I maybe go into the Members Cars section once every say... 6 months... why? I always have to read through drivel from users talking about their plans, (or even worse, those that keep their plans secret, but place the customary 'wink'.. please, get over yourself) users arguing with their plans, and then in most forums looking 20 pages back, they eventually show a picture of them changing their Spark Plugs..

I am a firm believer in a picture tells a thousand words - plus its more interesting to look at.

I wish there was a marker on every single members cars thread on every single forum to show where pictures are, maybe then I wont have so much hatred for Members Rides sections! :tongueout: (Club Lupo is by no means the worst, hello Ed38)

I am sure to be in the minority for this monotony.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of the threads on edition literally go on for pages and page with no pictures like you say

At the end of the day though, if its the thread owner is just posting post after post of meaningless text then fair enough, that pretty boring. But some of them are conversations between people interested or lots and lots of praise (see stanceworks). Atm, i have pics on every page on my thread, but if it suddenly got 'busy' then it'd be a different story.

Edited by joeadamou

yep agree with above, ive got some good information from the conversations between members in readers rides threads.

Other so drivel on a bit though.

sorry i should of elaborated more, i agree that most of the time conversation can be all right, its just some on the time threads can go on for pages with no relevance to the car, just dribble about skinny jeans

Far too many sycophants.

That's why I don't have a thread for my current build, I'm taking pics, but they're for my benefit.

430ff361.jpg]

Feel free to fill the page with comments sucking up, you may all suck my balls.

i agree with Joe, a lot of the time the conversation on the threads are about the work they have done, asking questions about it or people leaving comments and praises...

i kept something a secret about what i was doing and it started a bit of a conversation on my thread... i dont see whats wrong with that? Does that mean i need to get over myself? not really... it just means i didnt want to tell everyone what i was doing before i did it, especially when its something quite big... something like a steering wheel or little updates i agree should just had pics and a small description, even a comment before they have got it eg. "just ordered my momo team, should be here next week..." etc...

basically, in a nice way (dont take offence... most do).... if you dont like reading through stuff, perhaps forums arent for you? if you just like looking at pictures, there are other picture threads on the forum you could look at. If you dont like what people are doing on their build thread, just dont go on them?

i kept something a secret about what i was doing and it started a bit of a conversation on my thread... i dont see whats wrong with that? Does that mean i need to get over myself? not really...

Really. Why post about something you've no intention to talk about? Waste of everyone's time and more often than not, the "big reveal" is of something pretty poorly executed so hardly worth keeping secret or even telling the world about.

If it were "hey, here's my Lupo, but got big plans for it ;-)" and the next post a few months down the line was

Strange-crazy-cars25.jpg

then fair enough, but to make a big secret out of what is ususally totally predictible is rubbish.

Thats Numberwang!

Funny.

Really. Why post about something you've no intention to talk about? Waste of everyone's time and more often than not, the "big reveal" is of something pretty poorly executed so hardly worth keeping secret or even telling the world about.

If it were "hey, here's my Lupo, but got big plans for it ;-)" and the next post a few months down the line was

Strange-crazy-cars25.jpg

then fair enough, but to make a big secret out of what is ususally totally predictible is rubbish.

Funny.

I didnt post it with no intention of talking about it... i put (along the lines of) "iv got some big work happening in the next few weeks, will keep you posted"... which got people asking. i didnt want to tell them so i said its a secret but all will be revealed in good time... I talk about it all the time now but i wanted to wait untill it was finished before i did... i dont think thats a waste of peoples time at all... it gives them a heads up that something will be worth checking out when its done... it keeps threads alive and people interested... i'd say to the people who thought it was a waste of time, not to bother wasting your time even logging in... most stuff on club lupo is a waste of time if you look at it like that... wheres the discussion and passion in just boring updates... add a bit of excitement into your lives...

why is that a problem to keep secrets from others on here? it isnt... its because 99% (not based on factual evidence - approximate figues) of club lupo consists of bellends who know everything, or at least think they do and like to pick fault with what people do even if they havnt done anything better... i know full well that most people asking werent interested, they just wanted an excuse to try and pick fault with something... AKA jealousy...

And i thought my update (when added) was pretty good but still got negative comments... same old story...

yep agree with above, ive got some good information from the conversations between members in readers rides threads.

Other so drivel on a bit though.

x 2... (good point scotty) ;)

Most things on here are predictable, unless you're on a forum like the one I mentioned above (stance works) where the work is out of this world, there's only so much people on here are doing to their lupos, yes they are mostly all different but theres always another Lupo modded in the same way e.g lots of people paint their centre t section, but Alex's (fattty) was abit different :) if anyone feels bored then maybe cl isn't for you!

Edited by joeadamou

Agree joe,

All the threads on this forum are the same... mostly full off irrelevant pictures, pointless comments, arguments etc... it doesnt really matter where they are, readers rides, drivers lounge, classifieds... point is, this forum is just like that...

basically, in a nice way (dont take offence... most do).... if you dont like reading through stuff, perhaps forums arent for you? if you just like looking at pictures, there are other picture threads on the forum you could look at. If you dont like what people are doing on their build thread, just dont go on them?

Your build thread was what made me want to make this Topic in the first place due to the amount of drivel people posted in your thread, in turn, ruining it. Not your fault, just people moaning, 12+ pages, and about 3 pictures.

And I don't go on any thread, because of what I said, having to go through wades of crud to find what the actual car looks like.

To be fair I agree with you to an extent. Depends on which parts you class as drivel. There were some genuine comments and questions before the work was done. Once I put my update there were a lot of comments that were basically people moaning, to be honest it's the usual names that dont like what I say anyway so I think they were just being the usual pricks they are, I don't think that's anything to do with pointless posts. It's more to do with pointless members.

Back to the keeping things a secret. I don't think it's something that is right or wrong. Its up to the person and I personally didn't want to tell anyone but I wanted them to know something was happening. If you get where I'm coming from.

And there are quite a lot of pics in my thread anyway. There will be more once iv done a few shows. People would complain if I just put pics up of the same thing without any creativity. Although if i like a pic I will post it so some are the same.