New Guy - Canary Islands Lupo Gti

CanaryLupo

Hello to everybody. My congratulations on a great forum. All your know how has been of great use for sourcing parts and upgrades for my Lupo Gti. Here are some pics:

lupo03.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lupo05.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lupo06.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Regards,

Al (CanaryLupo)

Basic stuff. Strut braces front and rear. In the engine also basic setup. Intake system, cams, headers, reprogram ecu. Don't want to get into serious mods to the engine. Just bolt in stuff I can do myself. I have a Mustang engine sitting around. Could try to shoehorn it in smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Where in the Canaries are you from? I've been to Gran Canaria a couple of times. I bet out of season the roads are great for driving on. Zero speed cameras too I guess?

Welcome to the forum BTW. Nice to see some subtle mods which actually improve the look of the car as opposed to the obscenities used by the modders where I live.

I'm from Tenerife. Not many speed cameras, but roads are too small for the amount of traffic so don't have much of a chance to speed around. Do enough of that on the race track when my brother does his testing for his team. I learned English by travelling around as a kid due to my dad's health, and then insisted on continuing my studies in English.

You must have been on the wrong roads. There are some impressive roads to drive on, especialy if you ride a bike. BMW comes out here to do their motorcycle testing because of the favourable conditions. Many car adds are made here for the same reasons. I gues it's like everywhere, if you don't know where to go you find whatever you come accross, and that is the impression you get of the place. There are some roads that are in pretty bad conditions. Next time you come, drop me a note and I'll take you around.

True, I didn't think they'd all be that bad. I was also in the worst place of all for roads no doubt (clubbing area - las americas is it??). There was lots of construction going on around the area with the crappiest roads so that no doubt didn't help either.

I did drive around the island a bit though (did the full circuit of that motorway thing that does almost the complete island I think?), and a few other places along the route + going to top of mountain etc as you do.

They weren't too bad I suppose in most places (failing memory doesn't help either).

might take you up on that offer if I'm over that way, might be a while before I'm back though (large car loan and house move to pay for sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> !!)