GTI Floor Mats - Info needed - Dealer cockup

Pezza

Hello Chaps,

When I put the deposit down on my Lupo the original mats had gone for a walk.

No worries said mr dealer, you'll have a brand new set. Red piped ones i enquired? yes sir, gti ones as fitted new.

Took my car without mats and yesterday the new ones arrived by mr postman. Red piped. Splendid!

Now my beetle had these crappy fixing studs that screwed into the carpet(and they moved,popped off and were utter shat). Seems my lupo has factory fixings with a sort of turny knob that will lock 'em in. The red ones I got through post were a la beetle...

So I ring Trusts. Talk to parts.. Ahh yes sir, you cant get red piped original 'late' mats anymore? what? only dark grey. Vw have standardised it all now. Sorry? Its a fookin '04 car!

So chaps, What's the deal? I have an '04 car. With factory fitted mats.

1, Were they red piped? (ever?) 2,Can you get'em? 3,Do brand new GTis have grey mats or piped red? Cos if they is red then trusts better find a way of getting me some!

What a bunch of ass! :roll:

Looking at ETKA, we have:

`2000-2002` mat, colour flannel black with flash red border.

2003 onwards, colour flannel black with flash red border, described as having 'twist toggle' fastening elements.

The part numbers for RHD cars *should* be 6X2 061 225 EB LAS for the front mats, and 6X0 061 226 EC LAS for the rear mats. I'm not 100% on those part numbers though. The dealer should be able to very easily check the accessories section and see that there are two dates for the black/red mats though, and the later date is described as using twist toggles.

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
Leather cars come with grey mats with no piping (I don't know what the spec of your Loop is Pezza)

I have leather and mine doesn't, mine has black mats with red piping and the push fittings. Admittedly the front mats have been replaced at some point but the original ones were definately black with red as the mats in the rear of the car are the originals.

QUOTE(M1 Lupo)
Yeah, mine is an 04 GTI and it has the red piping on the mats. They have the twist on retainers too.

^What he said, mines the same, 04 plate car, has red piping and little twisty lock things.