Rowan's Taff Green Sport

Rowan S Jones

I've had my sport for over a year now, and been lurking on here occasionally leaving a question or comment. Enjoyed looking at other members rides so I thought i'd share a couple of pics of my lupo with you all. since i've bought it i've dropped it on coilovers, fitted my ICE, and bought myself a roof rack for surfing, only small updates really but it's all the budget's allowing me atm!

P1010679.jpg

not looking clean in these pics, I will at some point clean her up and take some proper photos! (yes I need a new foglight before anyone mentions!) :P

P1010682.jpg

As I said she's dropped on coilovers, but I didn't want her scraping everywhere I go especially as I live in Devon and the road's aren't too forgiving here, and I don't fancy rubbing away the underneath of my car!

P1010683.jpg

Drinks holder (woo!) and Headunit - this is connected to Edge components in the front doors, edge tweeters and my sub in the boot :thumbup:

P1010687.jpg

pic of sub, and....

P1010681.jpg

Old light's (boring standard red)

P1010686.jpg

Got these to fit :P ... took me a good hour to get the orange bulb covers out - hackage with oversized wire cutters! :twisted:P1010689.jpg

So, car's currently looking like this. gonna be taking the retro rack off soon as I do a lot of driving and it can't be too good for my fuel economy :coffee:

will try and take some half decent photos at some point soon! all comments / criticism welcome! thanks for looking

Edited by Rowan S Jones

cheers for the comments, i'll hopefully soon be taking the bump strips off, and i'm toying with the idea of a carbon fibre green badge, but not yet decided on that. It might look a bit over the top! - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-REAR-GREEN-CARBON-EFFECT-BADGE-GOLF-POLO-TRANSPORTER-PASSAT-LUPO-ETC-/190646379879?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6368e567

thoughts & comments welcome

Mine's the same but red, I say do it! Wasn't too hard & cost me about a quid in vinyl if you wanna have a go yourself ;)

cheapcheap!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multi-Color-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Film-Wrap-Sheet-Sticker-Tint-Van-Iphone-PSP-Phone-/120861960696

and there's a decent guide in here to removing/splitting/reassembling the badge

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=85385

Edited by Koop

• 3 weeks later...

lack of funds has led to no updates! I have however taken the bump strips off (not all together successfully) as i took a tiny bit of paint with it. also the green paint does not match perfectly, will have a go over with some t-cut otherwise it'll be getting sprayed! off surfing again today, will try and get some pics of it smooth soon :)

I'm not quite so jealous now I have a sport, still jealous of the colour though haha ;)