Rowan's Taff Green Sport

Rowan S Jones

• 3 weeks later...

IMAG0079.jpg

Wonky mirror :angry2: want to get an electric stubby replacement.

IMAG0087.jpg

Had a clean, and aero wipers all round

IMAG0085.jpg

Still need to drop the rear a bit

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

Photos are from my new HTC One X, seems to be better quality than iphone in my opinion. excuse me playing around with the effects haha

IMAG0089.jpg

ULTIMATE CAMBER.

Will be putting the limited funds towards new mirror and foglight, then going to have to decide where to go with alloys.. :shifty:

DSCF9195.jpg

Hope that gives you some idea of how it went in, it sits in very well and i've never had problems from going round corners too fast! :tongueout: you might have to have the rear seats in the upright position, but I thought not.

Is the sub a 12 inch or a 10 could you tell me. Just brought a 12 and going to struggle to shove it in the boot. Very nice loop by the way.

So, Picked these up on the weekend for a very reasonable price! 15x7 with Nankang 185/45/R15's

going to do a home refurb will be on the car for summer!

IMAG0165.jpg

All tyres have plenty of tread left which is good, and it's nice to have a matching set

IMAG0170.jpg

My girlfriend said she wanted to help with the car, so we're going to hand paint the centre caps in the original colours with modelling paint!

PorscheBadgeI72.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

I'm not yet 100% decided on what colour to go with for the wheels, i'll either be going for a taff green to match the paintwork, or a greyish/brown to match the leather interior,

Thoughts and comments appreciated, Thanks.

Edited by Rowan S Jones

They're lovely, taff green/polished lips ftw :thumbsup:

I love the leather interior! Id say go for the same colour on the wheels with a polished outer rim, that'd be epic.

I love the leather interior! Id say go for the same colour on the wheels with a polished outer rim, that'd be epic.

Going to have the rim polished either way, it's just deciding on the colour haha! i'll see if I can get photoshopped images of both colours

Model Paint for the centre caps has arrived today!

IMAG0183.jpg

I'm not really sure what i'm doing when it comes to paint. would it be better to strip the currant paint off, or just wet n' dry it and paint over?

IMAG0188.jpg

These are the paints, had a look online and these three seem to match the porsche colours closest.

Advice on painting would be very helpful! Thanks :)

my advice would be to rub them down smooth, primer then paint

my advice would be to rub them down smooth, primer then paint

If you know someone who can lightly blast them with some fine grain sand it'll get right in the detail :)

Thanks both! I'll have a look locally and enquire about sandblasting, failing that i'll just rub em down! :)