Lupo gti need.....

bg02gar

Right , need more power. At the minute the only performance wise mod I have is a BMc kit,

I plan on remapping , does anyone on here have their car remapped and with what mods?

Also what sort of figures am I looking to expect ?

And heres the other question, I'm looking for a nice exhaust system , but no idea where to start , would like it to look something like the standard as well,

Your help would be much appreciated guys :)

Thankyou

I wouldn't remap it yet, I'd get your exhaust sorted before.........kam racing sell an exhaust, you'd ideally want a full system eg. Manifold, decat and cat back plus depending how much money your willing to spend you could go down the cam route etc

Edited by d4n91

Would get you a manifold or an exhaust system. To be honest though I wouldn't bother going down the performance route if you're after boom on a budget, not a gti anyway, just go for a nice sound and a subtle look.

Only a bmc filter, but these engines are notoriously difficult to tune matey, a lot of money for not much gain, some lads have managed to get an extra 20-25bhp from the AVY but I'd hate to think what the bill for the whole lot came to! And even then I reckon they'd have trouble keeping up with a slightly tweaked vts. No doubt someone will be along soon though to say different!

£350 won't get you far at all. As said these engines are extremely difficult to tune. You need to spend big bucks for a noticeable gain. Kam racing do a 4-1 manifold, 200 cell cat and full system... It has 10bhp proven gains. But from

Looking at their website it's about £800 for the system.

Edited by fatttty

It won't be noticeable, at all, there is very little give with the running costs either way anyways, and a remap with just your air filter would just be a waste. You'd be better off going down the weight reduction route if you're after better fuel efficiency and a bit of extra poke.

You definitely need to look into a better exhaust before remapping.

The remap will have to be a custom remap anyway and will set you back a fair bit. You wouldn't want to pour that money down the drain by then getting an exhaust which isn't suited to the new expensive map.

A remap is te last thing you do to tie your modifications together to see the gain.

Make the engine breathe better first, then remap it. There's no point in mappIng it standard as soon as you modify the engine again in theory you need to maP it to see the full potential.

JOhN

There are a few threads on here showing results of modifications. There was a rolling road day at awsome, the graphs showing results with what mods each car had are in the topic.

Any mods to improve power will cost a lot for very little gain.

There are a few arguments for and against decats, personaly I have a high flow cat and custom ss exhaust as I did not want the hassle of changing it out for mot's.

Most people fit bmc carbon inductions, I have a piper viper carbon kit as it was a good price at the time, it still needs a hard pipe cold air feed to finish it properly

These mods combined may be worth 5 to 10 bhp max hardly noticiable for the cost almost £1000.00

With a decent manifold £200-£300 combined with a decent exhaust will see 10-15 bhp, at this point a remap will be worthwhile as it will optimise the mods.

Some old school head work porting and polishing will probably net a further 10 to 15bhp on top but when I priced the it was circa £800 plus vat without labour for removing etc.

The most benificial mods you will make will always be the handling, I have a topic on suspension with prices on another thread.

These cars will not yield any massive increases in power unless you spend money on them, 20 bhp increase over stock will likely cost £1500

Again all of this is in my own opinion based on my own experiance, I have a spreadsheet of my costs for my car including upgrades over the hundred and ten thousand miles I have covered in it. If you want a copy pm me and I'll send it over.

Regards

Angelo

Ps with a £300.00 budget a would purchase a rear arb from awsome £130 and put the money left over aside for a comprehensive service.

Edited by angelo77

to be honest i wouldnt bother... mine is quick enough as it is... if you want to make it quicker the best thing you can do is strip it out.

its free and the difference you will see will be more noticable than messing with the engine for loads of money

For your £350 your best of getting an Ashley 4-1 manifold and then looking at a budget stainless system.. As 'CooperGti' stated most of the restriction is in the manifold.. I've just invested in an AAS custom manifold & system and run a BMC id like to think it will be running 140bhp, with headwork, cams and a custom remap i think you'd be looking at 155-160bhp.. But that comes at a cost of about 2k if you buy the parts new!

Mike