Thanks for the advice peeps - GTI now found and purchased!

Joti

I am planning to buy a Lupo GTI this Summer, and ideally want one in red.

Can somebody please tell me, if the car has a sunroof, does that mean it does not have air-con, or is the sunroof an option and AC standard on all GTIs??

Thanks.

Edited by Superfrank

Both air-con and the electric sunroof are optional extras.. Both can he had on the same car.. A few things to look out for when buying is bubbling on the roof gutters & around the 3rd brake light on the spoiler.. Dodgy electric windows are a common fault too.

Mike

Squeeling starter motor is nothing to worry about, mine has squeeled since day one. Very commo problem that gets no worse or better. Clicking doors as you open and close are just worn check straps, they cost about £16.00 per side so is a cheap easy fix for an annoying problem.

As previously said check out the 3rd break light to check it works as the spoilers can leak, bubbling on the spoiler; common as the spoilers are honeycomb inside, electric window switches, panels (doors, front wings and bonnet are alloy).

Hope you find a good one, best car I have ever owned :wub:

iv had my Gti for 2 and a half years and still love it! best car iv had! dont be put off by mileage. get a good one thats been looked after and it will look after you.

my 3rd brake light doesnt work and never has and the spoiler is bubbled but that doesnt bother me, i will get it painted in good time.

window switches have gone on mine which is common. towing eye covers jump off themselves so id tiger seal them on if you get one! lol... i wouldnt really so dont do that on my say so.

other than that just make sure you get the one you want and you will enjoy it. guaranteed!

eye covers jump off themselves so id tiger seal them on if you get one! lol... i wouldnt really so dont do that on my say so.

I have never lost a towing eye cover, I consider myself lucky!

Have lost an undertray in the middle of the Yorkshire Moors though. Ever tried to remove one of them withoug jacking the car up? I dont recommend it!

S

Very nice. Aset of spacers all around and that will be perfect.

I wish I had got a red one, definately my fave colour

Sometimes though you just see a good car and take it - I was really wanting a sunroof (rare, I know), but then I could have been waiting for months and months or maybe one with a sunroof may have not been in good nick?

I have loved the Lupo GTIs since I first learned of them in 2000. They are now at a price where I can afford one and so the timing just seemed right...

S

Sometimes though you just see a good car and take it - I was really wanting a sunroof (rare, I know), but then I could have been waiting for months and months or maybe one with a sunroof may have not been in good nick?

I have loved the Lupo GTIs since I first learned of them in 2000. They are now at a price where I can afford one and so the timing just seemed right...

I have a sunroof on my red gti :tongueout::shades: nah only joking mate, it looks a nice example but wait and see how quick it gets dirty :surprise: , i try to basic wash mine twice a week :( as it gets dirty so fast lol

Edit: also as im finding out if you need a new sunroof motor it is expensive :(

Edited by d4n91

Ha, saw what you'd done with your stickers. I know some peeps don't like them, but it is YOUR car after all and half the fun of modding is to make the car unique, right?

I'm not going to do a heap of stuff to mine, but there are wheels and large expanses of vinyl to come! Watch this space......

I have a sunroof on my red gti :tongueout::shades: nah only joking mate, it looks a nice example but wait and see how quick it gets dirty :surprise: , i try to basic wash mine twice a week :( as it gets dirty so fast lol

Edit: also as im finding out if you need a new sunroof motor it is expensive :(

Ha, saw what you'd done with your stickers. I know some peeps don't like them, but it is YOUR car after all and half the fun of modding is to make the car unique, right?

I'm not going to do a heap of stuff to mine, but there are wheels and large expanses of vinyl to come! Watch this space......

Will be looking forward to seeing it mate

Sunroof is just extra weight anyhow. Open the windows!

Enjoy!

Tbh I haven't used it once :(

Well done on the purchase, I've got a Tornado-Red GTI. I wanted a black one after I sold my Reflex-Silver but decided against it as my car was the only GTI for sale in the country at the time.

I'm very happy with the Tornado-Red I definitely think it's an awesome colour, especially after a full correction detail :)