D4N's Flash Red Lupo GTi: Big service time :)

d4n91

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very jealous, really want one of these but I woudn't dare fitting it. Scared of airbag going off lol

Tbh mate I'm scared of that but I really want it on.....I can't seem to find a guid of how to put it on though as it came with no instructions :/

Nice wheel Dan :thumbsup:

Cheers the girlfriend is a good en

Tbh mate I'm scared of that but I really want it on.....I can't seem to find a guid of how to put it on though as it came with no instructions :/

Cheers the girlfriend is a good en

Should be a guide on google or here somewhere... its quite simple.

I did my mates in a halfords carpark...

Remove airbag (ideally remove battery for 30 mins first or it may explode) - There are two holes on the rear of the wheel with two sprung clips inside - you'll need a long thin screwdriver or something and lever those a bit, and they'll unclip.

Unplug airbag & remove

Theres a bolt holding the wheel on - that is really ****ing tight, we needed a breakers bar to get ours off! - Ensure wheels are perfectly straight so you can line up new wheel

From here on i think its a pretty simple job of bolting new boss on, then attatching wheel making sure its all tight obviously!

Any troubles google is your answer ;) - That said, you shouldnt struggle if i managed to do it :D

Edited by Ashh

It's how the assembly goes with the boss and steering wheel, also the wires. There's a wire with 2 female connectors, a wire with a male and femal connector and then the resistor for the airbag. There are also 2 metal rigs one goes in the boss I've gathered but where's the other go?

Edited by d4n91

d87fa2ff.jpg

Those are the wires and those are the two rings however i think you only use one as if I use the other the horn button protrudes......also only two of the long silver bolts came with where there's supposed to be 3 :/

Edit: I think I've sussed it

The wire with 2 female ends connects to the horn and the horn holder (acts as an earth) and the wire with male and female ends, one to the actual horn and one to the existing wire............right yes like so

d9363ce6.jpg

And all together as a trial fit

483b2111.jpg

8ee0e699.jpg

Comments ???? Me personally, I'm in :wub:

Edited by d4n91

I fitted a Momo Race wheel to my MkII Polo successfully about 12 years ago, but it was so long ago that I can't even remember if it came with instructions or not!!! That was a lot simpler too as there was no airbag (or power steering!!)

All I remember was experimenting with wires until the horn worked, and if I overtightened the wheel, the horn button did nothing! :confused:

Good luck with it Dan, I'm sure some guys on here will be able to help you if you get stuck........

Edited by Joti

I fitted a Momo Race wheel to my MkII Polo successfully about 12 years ago, but it was so long ago that I can't even remember if it came with instructions or not!!! That was a lot simpler too as there was no airbag (or power steering!!)

All I remember was experimenting with wires until the horn worked, and if I overtightened the wheel, the horn button did nothing! :confused:

Good luck with it Dan, I'm sure some guys on here will be able to help you if you get stuck........

thats the plan mate, experimenting untill i hear a beep...............and im hoping all goes smooth

abaa5599.jpg

Another detailing item to add to the ever growing collection.......bought after reading some good reviews on it from DW.......so this is the every week shampoo and the CG CG&W is for the more dirty occasions or wax stripping etc

Cracking little car! Lovely nick! Your missus is mint!

BUT....

DRIVE IT lmao!!! Instead of spending hours cleaning an money on cleaning stuff whack a full tanks fuel in and batter the lanes!!! It's what is for lol!

Everyone likes a clean motor, as do I, but if its dirty it's been used :)

Have fun!

Haha cheers :thumbsup: and it does get driven and sometimes gets some stick.........lucy the lupo does 200/250 miles per week, i just dont like a dirty car :shades:

After having a close look at the lupo when i clayed and polished etc the bumper, bonnet, a-pillars(those at the front) and the roof could do with some paint but what im thinking to cut down on cost is putting vinyl on the roof (gloss black) and also buying new gutter strips and doing them gloss black too, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this, me personally think it wont look bad....

Edited by d4n91

I'll give that a try mate, I'm pants with photoshop tbh but surely someone's done it before......

This is what boredom at work has done to me, had a play with a sharpie pen.....colour coding FTW

00160b91.jpg

Well after a bit of head scratching and swearing my momo team is fitted, feels very different but looks amazing.....

Airbag out after what sempt ages to prise the clips

b1ad963c.jpg

Out with Old in with the new.....nearly there

8575279e.jpg

And voila the finished product and no airbag light so the resistor works :)

ae471f5c.jpg

9c480121.jpg

Really like it.......

i really love it

not going to ruin your day but just read pvw your car may fail its MOT under these ****ty new rules, but then again it may not .... i didnt understand how they can say what makes it safe and unsafe under these new rules ... if you havent got pvw ill scan you in the article if you wish?

Edited by patroddy

do u know wot ohm the resistor is

Afraid not mate and awesome gti sell them I think

i really love it

not going to ruin your day but just read pvw your car may fail its MOT under these ****ty new rules, but then again it may not .... i didnt understand how they can say what makes it safe and unsafe under these new rules ... if you havent got pvw ill scan you in the article if you wish?

Cheers mate and if you would and on it me thatd be great

Gave the car it's wash etc before UD, I'll let the pics do the talking......

426acc9c.jpg

ef45105a.jpg

f16e21cb.jpg

Also used some of the megs tyre endurance gel and it's brings them up a treat :)

5f2a8688.jpg

Used my new auto finesse lather too and must say its good stuff, highly recommend.........