D4N's Flash Red Lupo GTi: Big service time :)

d4n91

Right well I took the plunge and bought a gti once I sold my fiesta st and wow the drive home convinced me I hadn't made a mistake :)

I bought the car off n!ck! Off here (great lad) with the following spec;

2002 lupo gti

Flash red

Sunroof

Standard bar double din cd player, front uprated components.

Won't be staying standard for long, ordered coilovers already :)

Plans:

Weitec coils DONE

Some wheels (thinking d90's or teledials or if a set come up at the right money comp th monos)

Stubby drivers side mirror

Cat back, unsure which one but love the bastuck noise.

BMC CDA

Stubby polo gti aerial DONE

Black VW badges

De-Wiper DONE

De-badge (lupo and GTi) DONE

Upgrade numberplae lights DONE

Upgrade sidelights to LED and headlights to 6000k PURCHASED

Fit my private plate using pressed plates

But before anymore mods after the coilies I want to give her a full service, cambelt, water pump and aux belts for piece of mind.

Start off with a picture of my fiesta:

681fc011.jpg

Now the lupo :)

fdbc946f.jpg

00f3f2ed.jpg

Will get more once I've given Lucy the lupo a proper good clean :)

What do you guys and girls think ????

Edited by d4n91

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be expected, German innit ;) Looks a very tidy example, gonna have to get me a GTi one of these days! Like the sound of the plans so far

recieved my Weitecs this morning :) onll to have my mates (mechanics) to tell me they are at college all next week :( so i might have a go myself this weekend

f4e1a642.jpg

Soo excited for lows :tongueout: going to debadge, de wiper, and give lucy a good clean this weekend to :clap: also need to order a headlight tab repair kit too after seeing the crazy prices of a new headlight :surprise:

Another small update: Ordered some LED sidelight bulbs (built in resistor), 6000k HID bulbs and also some Number plate bulbs to match.

Now on to the task of saving for the stuff for the full service.....parts alone come to £140 that does include;

Timing belt kit

Waterpump

Drive belt

Oil (5w-40 fully)

NGK sparkplugs

Air filter (unsure whether to go panel filter or BMC instead of replacing like for like)

Oil filter

Fuel filter

Any other bits whilst im at it ????

Gave Lucy a clean this morning and did a few little bits, de-wipered and de-lupo'd and gti'd front and rear looks much cleaner, all the little bits count :)

c0051716.jpg

81568750.jpg

f58350f4.jpg

ef0438b3.jpg

What you think ???

Red Lupo GTI = :wub:

Looks a nice example

Ryan

ooooooo. I like every car in this! You and your family have good taste in cars :thumbup:

Were you on Fiestastoc? I had an ST too. How do you find the GTI compares to the fiesta?

Ive lusted after a lupo GTI for ages now, i actually saw a red one for sale with 9000 miles just outside london, about a year ago. I was soo close to selling my ST at the time for it, rang up about it, but unfortunatly it had just been sold.

I wish i wish, i had a red gti :shifty:

Good luck with it, its a gorgeous looking car, health to drive!

Mikey

Tbh mate I prefer the gti to the fiesa and it was the best thing I've done lol yes my cousin has some nice vehicles lol the RR sport at side of the gti has a fair bit done to it too it's the tdv6 one pulls like a train and the dodge ram at the top of the ramp sounds a right monster but being a 5.2 petrol is thirsty and yes I should have one somewhere I'll have a look now........

IMG00082-20110313-1555.jpg

Only one I have to hand

Edited by d4n91