Lupo SE worth keeping standard bits?

puggled

Was looking on the how many left website and there are only 330ish Lupo SE 75hps around. One of which I own. I've got seats to change and wheels to change, but if I do that is two of the main SE 'extras' gone. All I'd have left is the perforated leather steering wheel and gear gaiter.

I know its not exactly a collectors car, but there is it worth keeping the bits so I can change it back later? After all there are 3x as many GTIs about (but they are 30x more desirable :tongueout: )

Just an early morning brain fart.

i'm driving a mk1 arosa sport, apparently only 84 of them on the road. Hardly a collectors item though! of the things that were special for the se, i'd keep the rear lights, people would clamber over eachother to get a hold of them, myself included!

You may want to keep some parts so as if the time comes you do sell it on, it will always fetch more money as a standard car than a modified one ;)

i'd say yes due to if you want to sell you can revert back, also some the bits are getting a little hard to come accross.

Eg - the gear knob (which is specific to that model) has a specfic gator and they hard to get hold of.

Although they are no where near as rare as 1.7sdi se......

I'd say yes, keep the oe bits. Gives you more scope when reselling.

I put my 1.0 back to "as standard as possible" and it sold to the first viewer who definately wouldn't have been interested in the mods.

I did leave the SEAT CD player, cup holders and mesh grille.

• 2 weeks later...

As has been said above, if you've got the space to store them, keep then and then when you get rid of the car return it to standard and sell all the bits on. I've got a full Tom and Tim red interior in the loft ready to do the same.