Arosa to Lupo front end

Robmarriott

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately he bought it like that lol. Any idea if there's anyone on here done the conversion? Should just bolt on afaik same car underneath isnit.

:glare:

It's hardly a lot of effort, it's 2 wings, the bonnet, front panel, headlamps, indicators and grille pieces, not really on par with a complete 'replica' bodykit, is it?

Answered your own question there really :P

^ he didn't do the conversion though

I'm going to say educated guesswork lol

Though you have kind of answered your own question tbf lol, it'll be as hard as removing all your panels, lights & grille & putting them back on again

Edited by Koop

The only thing I want to be 100% certain about is the inner wings, I come from a Vauxhall background and certain front end conversions have been done on cars with similar metal underneath but they needed some proper in depth metalwork doing (I mean welding and fabricating) so I'm hoping it's not that hard. It's the same on Civics too, people have done Integra front ends and it's not straight forward bolt on stuff.

I know the Arosa and the Lupo are the same car essentially but I don't want to end up with two piles of bits and a shedload of work to do lol.

Incidentally, I had read that post after the link was posted, but, as said (twice in this thread, rather ironically, considering the replies), he didn't do the original conversion so the info I'm after isn't there....

the only things i can think of that would be different would be the wings, bonnet, bumper, indicator panel, grill and lights and the big plastic radiator panel that the bumpers and stuff bolt onto.

and for what its worth id just get a lupo. i know it may seem cheaper to do it that way, but when you get the prices of all the parts and the cost of spraying them you may as-well have bought a lupo. you would be getting a much more attractive interior as well as owning the real deal.

what about a MK2 arosa? some of them are pretty cheap.

Edited by James827

:glare:

It's hardly a lot of effort, it's 2 wings, the bonnet, front panel, headlamps, indicators and grille pieces, not really on par with a complete 'replica' bodykit, is it?

mate i think you really have answered your own question. over the years ive seen a few that have been done so i doubt it was tricky.

take all the arosa stuff off, change slam panel then put the lupo stuff on. probs be best if you broke the front end of the lupo yourself to make sure you have all the bit.

personally i think its rubbish idea putting a vw front on a seat, because they are different brands. its as bad as putting an audi front on a lupo. but hey, each to their own, some people have taste :lol:;)

you can pick a lupo up for under a grand now, and once you take into account the cost of the parts and painting, never mind the effort and labour you wont be any beter of moneywise,

8 lupos under a grand

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/northernireland/search/used/cars/volkswagen/lupo/postcode/g429rn/radius/1501/sort/locasc/price-to/1000

you can pick a lupo up for under a grand now, and once you take into account the cost of the parts and painting, never mind the effort and labour you wont be any beter of moneywise,

8 lupos under a grand

http://www.autotrade...c/price-to/1000

Jazz blue sport, 71K, 1999 (T) 3 bench rear seat. £895

WHAT?

there are no interior pictures but still..

The only thing I want to be 100% certain about is the inner wings, I come from a Vauxhall background and certain front end conversions have been done on cars with similar metal underneath but they needed some proper in depth metalwork doing (I mean welding and fabricating) so I'm hoping it's not that hard. It's the same on Civics too, people have done Integra front ends and it's not straight forward bolt on stuff.

I know the Arosa and the Lupo are the same car essentially but I don't want to end up with two piles of bits and a shedload of work to do lol.

Incidentally, I had read that post after the link was posted, but, as said (twice in this thread, rather ironically, considering the replies), he didn't do the original conversion so the info I'm after isn't there....

the inner wing rails i think are the same, BUT the inner wing rails are different between mk1 and mk2 arosa's mate