Koop's Loops

Koop

'rosa rears 'n' rollin' on steels baby

loop7.jpg

Churchill have just quoted me miserable, they want 300 odd quid for changing me lights & deny all knowledge of telling me it wouldn't cost a penny the other week. Also quoted over a ton for adding me julie as named driver. Shall be changing to Admiral later then!

Edited by Koop

I was trying to be all goody two shoes lol I rang em up the other week to check if they needed declaring & they said they'd put a note on the policy but no charge just ring us when you've put them on...eventually got round to ringing them & they try & sting me to the tune of £350. They checked again when I cancelled & they won't even add the Mrs on as it's modified & she's only got a provisional - though I did include lowering but there wasn't any difference in the premium compared to just the lights. It's a joke! There wasn't an option for lights when I got the Admiral quote so they're covered (if they need to be at all which is debatable at best) under 'external cosmetic modifications' or something. All sorted now anyway, fully insured ready for lowering from midnight :D

We have almost identical profile pics haha I'll try n post a pic this arvo

I suppose there are only so many angles to get the Lupo from, it's only wee! Mine looks more shiny though!

Still not sure about changing the rear lights. I'll need to take a look through my insurance as it's not worth £350 to have different lights!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new aerial today...adaptor bolt hasn't had the thread cut right at one end though, it's just a series of rings instead of a proper screw thread :doh: so that'll be going back. Fail.

Wheels have had their first round of sanding, looking a million times better already though there's a couple of chunks that will need filling. Started giving them a good clean, one is a world of brake dust & it's been a bit of a nightmare tbh but i'll keep slogging at it. Decided the round centre caps are going flash red & the the big nuts (giggedy) are getting resprayed silver.

Well yeah, he said it rubbed all the time, though since then I've seen this tbf so it seems perfectly sensible haha

haha yeah but remember that's on air so still pretty sensible.... oh who am I kidding, that ain't sensible! :wub:

Have a Look at some of the serious boys for inspiration, Both of Jowey's arosas, Barnsley Arosa and Little Green Giants. Rolling very low on 15s!

Couple o' wee update piccies...

loop08.jpg

Got an interim aerial off a mate at work...the silver goes quite nicely with the badges & rear lights so I don't know whether to keep it & not paint the rear VW badge after all hmmmm

loop09.jpg

Just ordered smoked side repeaters, from the pics at least they look like a really nice proper gloss finish, should blend nicely with the bodywork

Edited by Koop

No lows :( Couldn't get the top mounts of the shocks, got a mate with a compressor which should be able to sort it so hopefully get em done later in the week. Got my smoked side repeaters on though, they blend really well, fave mod so far :)

Edited by Koop

Piccies!

Smoked side repeaters first -

loop11.jpg

The ratting has begun - come to the realisation it's never gonna be show standard given the bent rear end so it's going semi-rat rod - hence the stickerbombed wheels & the banksy rat vinyl! Anyway....

Fault: whoever did it up after the write-off sprayed over the glue on the 1.4 badge so after I'd removed the badge & picked the glue off...

looprat1.jpg

Fixed:

looprat2.jpg

;)

Ditched the 'ace of dubs' sticker too...done to death & wasn't happy with the positioning...much happier with the look of the rear end now:

loop10.jpg

Gaiter before...

loopgaiterbefore.jpg

...and after...

loopgaiterafter.jpg

Feels like new inside now, it was the one thing letting the interior down