Koop's Loops

Koop

Might take you up on that mate no idea what i'm doing :lol:

Love the headlining material! Old school chic! Hah. Lows will be interesting im sure, can't imagine your car on the deck, I thought itd never happen :P good luck getting all these bits fitted mate

Haha cheers man & Joe that sounds promising what you up to next weekend?

Went out at lunch, man it was hot with no air con & only one working window. Just ordered a brand new window motor & regulator, gotta get that sh*t sorted quick!

infact it'll be night if you don't mind a late one, we probably can't get started till 10 but its inside etc so will be sound :)

Haha I only have one working window too! Just too lazy to figure out what's wrong and fix it lol

Press the button. Do you hear a click from inside the door? Yes? New motor. No? New switch. Diagnosis complete :thumbsup:

You can always check for any loose wires & whatnot but that's your most likely scenario I reckon

Man it's hot out, washing the loop killed me I've had to stop for a brew before I start polishing :lol: It's a hard life. Me AG polish has arrived already so that's a bonus

Chuffing phone's up to its old tricks again, the only pic that survived from the weekend is this from Fiday - when she was bloody filthy!

IMAG0994.jpg

That's a G40 in the distance :shades:

Busy at the weekend now so lows should be on monday/tuesday next week. Assuming they arrive this week, which they should.

Window motor's arrived, hopefully get that in tomorrow.

Been talking to a man in the know & we think the oil burning/smoking is gonna be the piston rings not the valve stem seals, I just need to check whether it smokes when it's revving (= piston rings ****ed) or when I let off the throttle (= valve stem seals ****ed) - pretty sure it's the former but need to double check.

Edited by Koop

Well I've just taken her in for reversing light switch & window motor to be replaced...had a chat with em about piston rings & they won't even do it, reckon it'll never run the same when it's done & I'm better off getting a new engine. Mega, mega lame :(

Might just let her burn oil for a year or so then engine conversion time :twisted: It's not as if she smokes that bad really.

Cheers mate, was feeling pretty glum about the whole thing tbh but that is encouraging. It's just annoying cleaning the crap off the exhaust all the time, she drives sweet as!

Hooray my tyres have just arrived, this cheers me up also :D

my car runs like ****e koop, deal with it :D mine cuts out all the time and is so juddery lol, but im keeping it going until i can upgrade it or get a new car when insurance is up... im sure your car will last forever, and if the engine doesnt then, an impromptue engine conversion can be undertaken! Will you do it yourself?

God no :lol: I'm all for having a crack & learning as I go but that's one hell of a learning curve haha ;)

My mates starlet had Knackered piston rings from putting a glanaza intake on it and it had sand it it from sandblasting. it was proper knackered, blue smoke like LOTS of it and it would only run on 3 cyl. I helped him put a new engine in but snapped a bolt on the thermostat housing, and then he gave up on it and sold it cheap. (I did feel bad, we live and learn though)

But yeah. just see how it goes koop, as long as its running fine at the moment and just burning a bit of oil id leave it until it develops more of an issue & from my exp i don't think your piston rings are gone or that bad yet. but get a few opinions on it maybe compression test?

Always leave some money Aside for a rainy day.

When can we expect you to 'come in for Landing' ;) (Lows?)