Aero wiper advice?

Scott Johns

Avoid the cheepo aero ones i tried about 3 sets on mine and they was all crap, In the end i opted for a set of bosch aero`s which go on a standard wiper blade (these were from vw and orinally for a mk4 golf IIRC) and they were fantastic.

i have the vw retro fit aero blades for old style arms, 1 millions times better than the cheap ones, went through two sets of cheap ones before buying the vw ones and theyve last more than twice as long and theyre still good! had them on now for around 18 months

I can't remember exactly, but i think it cost me in the region of 90 quid for the front GTi arms and blades from my local dealer. LupoBoz should be able to get you them cheaper than that.

ohhhh decisions haha, going down to vw and citreon with a friend tomorrow to have a look at price parts so just going to ask them and make a decisions when i get paid haha, wouldnt mind a pic of cheap ones and of proper gti ones to see if anyone as any

despite what everyone always says, i actually bought some cheapo £7 ones from ebay, and theyre literally identical to my friends bosch ones, just as thick, with the same locking mechanism. they wipe brilliantly too, ive had them for about 3 months, and even though i know this isnt exactly a fair amount of time for testing, so far they havent let me down...

I bought a set of valeo blades from halfrauds the other day, same brand as my key, wiper arms and other things on the car. they stopped the streaking that my other blades were leaving. the only thing is theres one spot on my windsheild that gets missed. im sure after some ajustment it will be fine. if not il be taking it back!

these are the ones me and my friend are both running http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-LUPO-99-06-WINDSCREEN-AERO-FLAT-WIPER-BLADES-/190553019670?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3794534674095286482

theyre chunky, literally identical to my friends bocsh ones. no one likes a skinny wimpy aero wiper ;)

• 2 weeks later...