‘Jenvey’ individual 42mm parallel throttle bodies with carbon trumpets

Custom made fabricated aluminium inlet manifold

‘Motec’ E.C.U. wired in to all O.E.M. sensors & O.E.M. wiring loom

‘ITG’ air filter

167bhp @ 8000rpm

EXHAUST

‘Ascar’ stainless system with twin centre exit 75mm polished tailpipes

GEARBOX

6 speed close ratio with weighted short shift (standard)

WHEELS

7 x 17†‘Kahn RSS’ with 205/40R17 'Toyo Proxes' tyres

Flush fit valves

Custom ‘VW’ centre caps

BRAKES

‘Zerosixty’ 280mm vented & slotted front discs (Golf G60/Rallye specification) with ‘Pagid’ pads

‘Zerosixty’ 239mm slotted rear discs with ‘Pagid’ pads

ABS, `EBA-brake` assist & `EDL-differential` lock (standard).

Red painted callipers (standard).

SUSPENSION

‘FK Automotive’ adjustable ride height all round with ‘Koni’ adjustable dampers (lowered @95mm)

Negative camber all round

5mm per side rear wheel spacers

EXTERIOR

Standard Xenon headlights & matching purple side lights

Clear light lenses all round & OEM smoked rear clusters

De-locked door handles (remote alarm, immobiliser & central locking)

‘VW MK6 Polo’ rear wiper

‘VW’ black badges

“LUPO†& “GTI†boot badges removed

Front lower bumper diffuser

INTERIOR

Black & red leather seats, steering wheel and gear knob

Red leather door cards and hand brake handle

Black leather centre console, seatbelt buckles and parcel shelf

Aluminium door handle rivets

Aluminium pedals and ‘Audi TT’ footrest

ICE

‘Alpine’ MP3 head unit with 4 x 60 watt amplifier

‘Alpine’ digital 600 watt amplifier fitted under boot floor

8 speaker surround sound and Alpine 1000w sub-woofer in custom made boot box

‘VW’ category 1 alarm and immobiliser

‘GM’ short length amplified bee-sting aerial

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC00051.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC00031.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC00071.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC00028.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by Tigz

Tigz.....cheers buddy. I have no digital camera so can't do my own pictures.

Few things changed since those photo's.

GTI badge removed from front grill.

Black VW badges now.

Bottom segment of steering wheel is now red leather.

Headunit changed.

Lowered 10mm more.

Once the bike is done, I will be borrowing my Dads camera to take pics of the bike and some of the car (been months scince Ive took proppa ones) so I'll give you a shout mate and we'll go take some proppa ones.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just gotta get my seats done like that, they look fantastic. I'm now thinking grey inserts where you've got red though, its a bit too bright for me.

Like the list of mods though, a lot of which I'd like to do to mine, excluding the `de-badging` and the rear lights.

Thanks for bringing us the pics andi.

If crystal "M3 style" rear lights ever come out then I will be swapping my lexus ones. Got the lexus ones as they fit in with the clear side repeaters and xenon clear covers that are fitted as standard.

Breather pipe mod...had an aluminium take off pipe made and moved the BMC housing and fuel injector wiring to fit it. The original breather pipe now runs parallel and behind the BMC and connects up to just before the throttle body. Better and easier to show in the flesh than to explain really.

QUOTE(LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI)
If crystal "M3 style" rear lights ever come out then I will be swapping my lexus ones. Got the lexus ones as they fit in with the clear side repeaters and xenon clear covers that are fitted as standard.

Breather pipe mod...had an aluminium take off pipe made and moved the BMC housing and fuel injector wiring to fit it. The original breather pipe now runs parallel and behind the BMC and connects up to just before the throttle body. Better and easier to show in the flesh than to explain really.

er, yeah....better to see in the flesh! thanks anyway mate :wink:

QUOTE(LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI)

Ah, remember what I was going to ask yesterday, you've got your engine cover on with your bmc, how'd you get it to fit?

The cover actually sits back in the proper place with the BMC on, the problem is that the original clips for the engine cover have been removed as they are attached to the original airbox.

I have fitted an elastic strap on the side of the throttle body that I just hook onto the original hook under then engine cover. The drivers side fits onto the breather hose as std. Easy to remove as standard and is still secure.

Note: The front mounts for the cover work on their own but if you dont use the any back mounts the cover bounces up and down which is bad.

The cover actually sits back in the proper place with the BMC on, the problem is that the original clips for the engine cover have been removed as they are attached to the original airbox.

I have fitted an elastic strap on the side of the throttle body that I just hook onto the original hook under then engine cover. The drivers side fits onto the breather hose as std. Easy to remove as standard and is still secure.

Note: The front mounts for the cover work on their own but if you dont use the any back mounts the cover bounces up and down which is bad.

I'll have to try and remember this for the future, I plan to get a bmc at some point, but don't want to have to leave the engine cover off as it looks just a little ****.

You lose what in performance with your rims into 17"? (it is verifiable in acceleration?)

My quarter mile times were the same as all the other Gti's (ie: very low 16's) with the engine standard and the 17's on so would say I lose no performance.

It is less reluctant to wheels spin with bigger wheels so I can get a faster launch and 205/40/17 is not that much different to 205/45/15 in rolling diameter (513.80mm vs 473.25mm).

I really wouldn't worry about any difference...even if it is slower with 17's , it is clearly not noticable.

Personally, I like your car without Lexus fires but each one its tastes
perfect apart from the rear lights IMO

I know lads, I know. Just I cant find anything better and they are the best match I can find for the clear side repeaters and clear Xenon lenses that come as standard.

My quarter mile times were the same as all the other Gti's (ie: very low 16's) with the engine standard and the 17's on so would say I lose no performance.

It is less reluctant to wheels spin with bigger wheels so I can get a faster launch and 205/40/17 is not that much different to 205/45/15 in rolling diameter (513.80mm vs 473.25mm).

I really wouldn't worry about any difference...even if it is slower with 17's , it is clearly not noticable.

Another option : magnesium wheels

• 1 month later...

DSC00071.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00027.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00028.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00031.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00034.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00037.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00036.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00046.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00047.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00051.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00058.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Very nice, i like the fact that the BMC fits under the engine cover and the oil breather mod, how do you keep your engine bay so clean? The install is nice and tidy aswell and is that a fabia rear wiper i spot? Im glad the rear lights are going though as it would look spot on with a pair of cambridge units.

Cool pics! I'm not a fan of the tail lights either, what's the plan for them? Give us a clue! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Sweet ride tho. :wink:

QUOTE(Loopy Lupo)
andi, who did his exhaust?  do you know how much wonger it was mate?

It was ascar at sheffield who built it him.

Mixed reports from them.

But he said he stood over them the entire day to make sure he didn't attept to pick up a hammer :wink: