PICTURE!! 1.4S Lupo died while driving now not turning over?!?

Hi Guys,

I was driving my lupo the other day when it died - as if Id stalled it. When I turn the key it sounds like somethings spinning? It doesnt turn over?

Any suggestions - I'm guessing its not good :(

Ollie

Edited by olliejones

No, was just thinking that. Could be flywheel related, as the starter meshes with the flywheel to help kick start your engine. But your flywheel also bolts to your clutch which obviously gives you your drive. How did it stall? Did it just die while stationary or were you taking up drive when it died?

my half arsed assumption is, check the timing belt.

It should still crank over though if it's jumped a tooth, but yeah, stalling your car can sometimes cause it to lose timing.

Yep. I was driving back from work in a 50, doing 50mph and it just died, dash lights came on and all power steering etc cut out (just as if Id stalled). I coasted into a side road and tried to get it going again but it just sounds like somethings spinning.

If the belt has snapped mate, its more, a how longs a piece of string, you'll be looking at possibly bent valves, damaged pistons, it could be a nightmare, however that said, i snapped a tensioner on a my old car & managed to turn her off quick enuff an save all damage....

If the belt has snapped mate, its more, a how longs a piece of string, you'll be looking at possibly bent valves, damaged pistons, it could be a nightmare, however that said, i snapped a tensioner on a my old car & managed to turn her off quick enuff an save all damage....

Cheers buddy. I'm going to unclip the cover an see if the belts still on - fingers crossed :s