how are your lupo's headlights? (not xenon)

just wondering what everyone thinks of the headlights on their lupo?

mine are terrible!

the last person who had my lupo had some bluey white bulbs in so i thought it must just be because of the crap bulbs but after replacing them with some extra brilliance bosch ones i still cannot see a difference :s apart from there seems to be a crescent of light on the floor towards the right headlight.

does being slammed have anything to do with it?

full beam isn't much better.

I have got to say i think that the headlights on my Sport are crap, even with the nightbreakers in. I noticed the beam pattern was more defined when I put them in, random brighter patches towards the right hand side. I have never had a car that doesnt have projector headlights, are reflector units supposed to do this?

The main beam is also poor like you say, I thought it was just me as I am spoilt by the xenons on the GTI but evidently not.

i thought it was just the silly chavvy bulbs that were in my headlights but they're still majorly crap compared to my 6n2 polo's lights.

going to test them out on country lanes tonight in proper darkness so we'll see how they perform then!

headlight adjuster doesn't seem to do anything either, not good when you NEED to see upcoming potholes in the dark, not to mention roadkill that wants to break a hole in my sump.

Mine are pretty useless, you actually cannot see the road at all if anyone drives towards you. I have standard bulbs and do have plans to get brighter bulbs, but i think it is the scattering that wastes any brightness it produces. Driving in lanes i always put my fogs on cos otherwise you cannot see round any right-hand corners. I wish i had gti xenons, but i do think they look a bit wierd on a standard lupo.

like uz all say standard ones are crap so i opt for HID's, hell of a difference

just looked and one of my bulbs has fallen back abit. can't seem to get the little metal clip back on :\ anyone know how they fasten?

thanks alot man! just got back from driving home from telford and the darkness wasn't good when my bulbs were pointing in funny directions!

I'll give it a go tomorrow, there's never enough room for me to see what's going on though :\

okay got them sorted thanks for the picture man! :D

didn't realise there was hooks for the loop in the clip to fit on aha.

will test them tonight now with extra brilliance bulbs pointed at the road this time :P

This is weird cos I think the headlights in my sport are pretty good, they light up a decent amount of the road on normal dipped, and have a pretty wide spread on full beam. The dipped is easily better than the dipped int he passat (xenons) and probably as good as my old pug.

This is weird cos I think the headlights in my sport are pretty good, they light up a decent amount of the road on normal dipped, and have a pretty wide spread on full beam. The dipped is easily better than the dipped int he passat (xenons) and probably as good as my old pug.

Did the Passat have OEM HIDs?

The standard headlights are fine if they are set up and maintained correctly.

The headlight is designed to work with a specific bulb so the filament is in the correct position relative to the reflector and lens. Cheapo aftermarket HID's are a waste of money. Birthday candles are more effective.

Did the Passat have OEM HIDs?

Yup. I have a feeling they may need realigning or at least rehoming, but i've not got around to getting vagcom to do it. When i put the high beams on it lights up the entire road for quite a way, just on dipped you get about 2 car lengths, that's it.

• 1 month later...