Water Gathering?

Ashh

I noticed today that i have a small puddle of water gathering on the passenger side of the windscreen, on the small plastic tray?

img00150201106251230.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just wondering if anybody else gets it and how it can be solved?

Cheers, Ash.

Edited by Ashh

Mine did this, basically you have drainage holes and this means they are blocked. I used a jet wash (very carefully) and you will see all the mud/ leaves etc come out from under your arch. Also try and cover the square on the right of your scuttle to stop water getting through to the interior.

theres no drainage whatsoever is there?! just gathers asif the car is on the wonk

Exactly. Gonna have a deek but I'm sure there is no drainage holes. Do we have a piccy of the holes? Danny

Mine has this when I wash it, but not when it rains.

Like you say Danny, I dont think there are any holes in that part - when you drive it sloshes about and goes down the other holes

Isn't that just above where the ECU sits? My guess is they probably didn't want water dropping directly onto the ECU/cables, hence no holes there.

Isn't that just above where the ECU sits? My guess is they probably didn't want water dropping directly onto the ECU/cables, hence no holes there.

Its a shame they never thought about that when I had my MK3 polo water used to piss all over my ECU and sit in my battery try which rusted out.

Also it happens on my lupo

The ECU is more towards the middle, but I think you're on to something as the air intake/pollen filter is right under there. If there were holes the heater may end up getting water in it.

mine used to do this because the drainage holes behind the bay (and under the dash/windscreen area) where blocked with mud and leaves etcetc, just stick your fingers in and pull it out then give it a quick blast with the hose to clear out any debris, discovered this when my car used to steam up all the time in winter because it was getting into the heater intake! OOPS :coffee:

EDIT: there's one on each side just above the arch (you'll know if its blocked from just looking at it)

Edited by max West-York