Current Values - They're all over the place?...

Pezza

I know the car market's suffering from `over-supply` and this is affecting values but whats the deal with values right now?

I've found a one owner '03 2003 silver GTi with A/C and 10,000 miles with a trader for £7995. I'd have it but it's in Scotland and I'm down south. I haven't got the time to start trekking across the UK!

What the hell did he get it for? I assume he'd take a bid.

I see private sellers asking more than that. Do they sell? I spoke to one bloke who has a '53 plate with less than 10,000miles (not one owner) and he reckons he's been offered 9k trade in. I reckon he's trying it on..

I've been reading the threads and it seems 90% of people end up trading their car in because it wont sell privately (I gave my Beetle Conv '03 away..).

I think I'm going to sit this one out untill my car comes my way. My dad's holding £8k cash for me because if I end up having to travel over a 100 miles to get my car I'm buying it there and then... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good job I want silver and not raven blue as I'd be eligible for my bus pass it seems smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Can anyone confirm/deny the above?

Dealers seem to be selling in, run in milage GTis for silly money.

I think I rember a 04 plate, for sale for £12k + (someone help me out here, tis one of them nights.) in a dealer somewhere.

Im sure you could pick up a real bargin mate.

Welcome to the club Pezza.

I know the car market's suffering from `over-supply` and this is affecting values but whats the deal with values right now?

I've found a one owner '03 2003 silver GTi with A/C and 10,000 miles with a trader for £7995. I'd have it but it's in Scotland and I'm down south. I haven't got the time to start trekking across the UK!

What the hell did he get it for? I assume he'd take a bid.

I looked at it and posted for Gargoil. It was mint. Same dealer had a new one for £8995 a year or two ago. Missed it by 5 mins. It is sold I think if it was Abbey Cars one

They still have a black one for the same price. I also looked at a Raven blue one 2 mins away from these ones . Sat around for months with 4K on the clock. Sold just before I got there too!! Was just as well because I would have bought it!!! 10K

I'll check black one out for you if you like?

That's right, it was Abbeycars who had the Silver Gti. They do have a black one but I want silver. The black ones a 53 plate but no air con. So a no go for me.

Seems I will have to travel. My old banger has a few miles left in it yet! Might be some `trade-in`'s coming up next month due to '05 plates coming out.

Trouble is a 'watched kettle never boils'!!!!

Soon as I buy something not 'quite' right you can bet your bottom dollar a leather and aircon will turn up for less £'s than I paid.

Pezza must be patient!

welcome mate. can be hard trying to track the right car down. as tigz has said vw dealers (in particular) seem to delight in taking the piss with used examples. my local dealer had to cheek to put my used (rejected) lupo on the forecourt for 300 squid more than i paid for it brand new. so 1700 miles of use, and 3/4 of it resprayed and value went up??? figure that one out!! good luck btw!

Welcome to the forum!

Everynow and again I do a used GTi roundup in the forsale section but to be honest, the last time I did it it made my head hurt, prices are so all over the place. There are dealers taking the piss, there are private sellers taking the piss, then there are honest sellers who keeping having to drop their asking price 'cos they can't shift it, its mad. My advice to you, its travel as far and wide as you can, and buy on condition alone (I personally would rather have a older GTi with more mileage than a ragged low mileage demo), and only pay what you think its worth. With £8k you shouldn't have too much trouble I don't think, and you want the most popular colour, so there are crap loads about, well, in theory!

welcome

everyone will hate me for it but most people ask silly money to start with if its a private sale. for some reason people are still happy to pay a premium for a VW dealer and they seem to sell for stupid money.

They are rare but not THAT rare, keep looking is my advice - good value ones come up all the time, and some nice ones on here (snoopstah just sold his for the right price - about 7500 for a 51 plate?? i think)....

Thanks lads.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled. Prices are everywhere.

As far as I'm concerned it's a buyers market.

Dealers kick you in the nads 'cos they can. I have cash so I'll pay more than the trade in value.

Everyones happy. Sold my bug like that. Why pay through the nose on your new ride and get a kicking on your old? When you have no trade in you can haggle more anyways.

I'll let you know when I have my keys!

I spent months looking for a 2nd hand GTI (was couple o years ago & there were hardly any on the go), and just as I gave up I found one - less than 18 months old, 8k, 1 owner, FVWSH for £8.8k. From a garage.

Be patient & the right car will come to you!

Welcome to the club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I have a 5 speeder.

It is a bit of swings and roundabouts really, six speeders accelerate slightly faster in each gear, but you change gear more often. Six speeders are usually more expensive though as it is considered 'more sporty'. Have both got the same top end limit?

Bit like the paddle shifts in some cars (people pay much more money for them just so they can brag about it to their mates). If you really want a 6 speeder, get one. If you want to save a few quid, get a 5 speeder.

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
It's been in a smash and been badly repaired apparently. Plus no history.

2002 VOLKSWAGEN LUPO 1.6 Gti 3dr Hatchback

Silver,12000 miles,6 speed,full leather int,cd,ac,em,ew,e/sunroof,xenons,alarm,immob,fsh,excellent cond. 12000 miles. £6995.

Have you spoken to the person who is selling it... I did think it looked cheap tbh.