83 Mk1 Gti

scotty_82

Whoop a nice forge rs recirc dump valve is getting picked up sometime today to add to the parts ready to go on.

• 2 months later...

Well been plodding along doing little bits here and there but took delivery of these

d81edeac.jpg

And one of these

c2cb3778.jpg

to go with this which was sent out for trial fitting before being finished off

7e182393.jpg

which will look a little like this

4e02f42b.jpg

But we have removed the accelerator pedal and mocked up how the FBW pedal is going to sit and made some mock brackets out of cardboard before having them fabbed up and welded on to the steering column and existing bracket.

Then one final positioning of the pedal box before its back to obp ( cheers guys ) for final finish.

• 4 months later...

Some minor progress, i got a loom made up from the two andys at ACR, cant fault these lads they are basically VW sages and can basically create an OEM looking loom from a roll of barbed wire if they had to.

Aslo got the small unit that allows the ecu to give the correct signal for the rev counter etc from Jabbasport, again great service from them over the phone and a quick delivery.

Steering column is out and the new bracket for the pedal is getting welded up.

Also the dash is out so i can remove any wiring i dont need and for rich to make it all fluffy as everyone loves a black fluffy dash.

TBH the pics are poop so not worth putting them up until i get a bit more work done.

Yeah he is building it too.

Kam you know i basically work all day then train till late then have to fit in everything else in around that, getting a few days free to do work on the car is a nightmare.

• 2 months later...

These got delivered today, got a few other things too but always forget to take pictures

dbbe53a1.jpg

Well missed another delivery today, it should have been my 4jic bulk head adaptors, just need to sort out braided hosing for the full brake system now, got a feeling it's not goig to be cheap

Also got my kid bro a present for his new/old car, got him a Haynes manual for this

adb6abc6.jpg

• 2 months later...

Popped over to the infamous unit last night, I can happily report there were no fires this time, tbh a bit of a disappointment on that front but picking this up cheered me up a bit

C72C5D77-C918-40D3-8392-580CF4C60C87-257-0000002BF6F43B77.jpg

784E6EA2-E944-47FE-8ACE-A7DF145E7D37-257-0000002BECC4D2DE.jpg

Yeah it's a stunning little car, credit to the bloke who originally built it, he is trying to change a few things around on it to change it a touch and make it more his own while he slags about in his daily vr6

Flocking was courtesy of Rich, and he didn't even force any sexual favours into the bargain

Flocking was courtesy of Rich, and he didn't even force any sexual favours into the bargain

:lol:

Nice work, when's it going in?

As soon as i re wire the new loom in and fuse box, aint been able to spend much time on it lately

Tidy Derby!

aaah, you just laid back and let him take it then. Bit of a shame really as forcing it is 75% of the fun.