Uprated Cams

221_matty

Right im weighing up my options for the Lupo, thinking of getting it mapped in the future and thought about making the most of it sooo...

Can anyone give me a definate link to some cams for a GTI, most I seem to find are designed for the 1.4 16v engine. Nothing too drastic. Sure I read Kamracing are working on some? dont quote me on that.

Heard Shrick do some cams, if so whats the part number.

Or atleast someone in the know point me in the right direction.

This is if the job situation pearks up.

Cheaaars

Edited by 221_matty

• 2 months later...

Any updates on Cat Cams?

Also CATCAMS look like they are using the same cams for the 1.6 as the 1.4 would this actually improve the 1.6 Performance?

especially if the cams are made for the 1.4.

Edited by 221_matty

made a better noise and at a set point that i could hit 80 instead of 75, i took them out after a short time as i couldnt find any one to remap my engine for them.

can we see some pics of them as id like to see how they have worked the cam to incorporate the vvt oilways.

john

I am after a set of cams for my GTI Lupo but i am not sure if changing them means i will have to scrap the VVT mechanism on the intake cam , this wouldn't be good for a road car as its the VVT which gives you the nice flat torque curve .

A set of cams with some head work and a full manifold / exhaust is all i want this should make 140 - 150 Bhp with a re map .