Camber issue . . .

Just took the Lupo to have the tracking done (out slightly after having the front N/S hub replaced) and was told that I actually need the Camber corrected.

Trying to get info out of them was impossible, all they said was that they don't have the tools to fix it and that the front wheels are out. They said I'd probably have to take it to VW - which would no doubt cost me big bucks! Surely not???? :(

I have no idea about Camber, any help or advice anyone?

Thanks.

Just took the Lupo to have the tracking done (out slightly after having the front N/S hub replaced) and was told that I actually need the Camber corrected.

Trying to get info out of them was impossible, all they said was that they don't have the tools to fix it and that the front wheels are out. They said I'd probably have to take it to VW - which would no doubt cost me big bucks! Surely not???? :(

I have no idea about Camber, any help or advice anyone?

Thanks.

Was this a garage or a tyre ftting place?

Camber is adjusted by loosening two bolts on the stut and adjusting the angle of the hub.

Is your car lowered? It's known for the suspension not being able to give enough ajustment for camber, which means you have to elongate the holes in the strut or use camber bolts.

Was this a garage or a tyre ftting place?

Camber is adjusted by loosening two bolts on the stut and adjusting the angle of the hub.

Is your car lowered? It's known for the suspension not being able to give enough ajustment for camber, which means you have to elongate the holes in the strut or use camber bolts.

No, my car isn't lowered. It was North Eastern Tyres and Exhausts. You'd think they'd be able to give me the info I require to fix the problem at least with them being a tyre fitter!

Surely if they have the abilty to tell the camber needs ajusting they must be able to sort it.

Id take it to a proper tyre fitter and get the tracking done.

And tell every one you know to stay away from the first place.

I seem to remeber that u are planning on getting springs for your loop, if so, best to fit them before getting the alignment done or u will need it done twice.

VW, after VAT will charge over £90 for alignment, however most other garges will be around £70 or even less in some places.

I seem to remeber that u are planning on getting springs for your loop, if so, best to fit them before getting the alignment done or u will need it done twice.

VW, after VAT will charge over £90 for alignment, however most other garges will be around £70 or even less in some places.

Good call, I am still looking for lowering springs, but I wasn't aware It would need adjusting again afterwards!

I'll wait till I find some springs first and take it from there.

As for the tyre fitter, North Eastern Tyre and Exhausts are one of the biggest and well known tyre fitters in the North East! :(

90 quid for alignment?

Your having a bubble

Got mine done (2 wheel alignment) as the rear is a torsion bar for 15 quid lol

Where was that mate? . . . Somewhere near you?

North East Tyres & Exhausts in Middlesbrough were useless at doing mine too.

I told him the settings I wanted and he just kept saying I needed to find out from VW what it should be. But I didn't want standard settings, I wanted 2 degrees negative, but he kept talking in minutes and seconds and wouldn't really answer.

So my alignment has never been changed since I bought the car and fitted the coilovers over 5 years ago. :wacko:

Handles mint though. :lol:

North East Tyres have all the equipment to do full geometry setup, its just the morons they employ havnt got a clue how to use it.

If you are planning on buying lowering springs then wait to get it set up, as has been said above you will need it done twice otherwise.

As crap as they are its still the best place locally to get your car setup for a reasonable price, it just takes a lot of arguing and maybe several trips.

North East Tyres & Exhausts in Middlesbrough were useless at doing mine too.

I told him the settings I wanted and he just kept saying I needed to find out from VW what it should be. But I didn't want standard settings, I wanted 2 degrees negative, but he kept talking in minutes and seconds and wouldn't really answer.

So my alignment has never been changed since I bought the car and fitted the coilovers over 5 years ago. :wacko:

Handles mint though. :lol:

60 minutes is 1 degree for future reference. I don't know how asking for your camber to be set at 2 degrees is remotely confusing, think he was just being a tit.

• 4 weeks later...

i got mine aligned and rod ends tightened for a tenner at my local tyre place.

have you changed the wishbones? or have they been replaced by previous owner or something. if the wrong ones have been put on it'l change the wheel camber. you wont be able get the tracking to stay perfect if the cambers off so best to get it sorted or you'l be forever getting the trackin redone.