Northampton

LiamD

Me and a few mates fancy goin there for a night out before early edition next month. What's it like for a piss up? Are the birds fat n stinking and are we probably gonna get stabbed? Or quite the opposite?

whayyyyyyyy northampton!!!!

ummm well its will be a saturday you're going out. its ok, i seem to go out most weekends lol.

what do you normally like to do on a night out? like go to bars, pubs, trendy, dirty?

Few bars then off to a club to bust some moves.

Nowt too chavvy on the club scene like. Bitta indie/rock/drum n bass type will do us just nicely.

I've been out in Peterborough before! That was alright lol.

hmmm, well i normally go down 'bridge street' for the bars, either - balloon bar, nb's or revs...they're quite mainstream music though.

I cant actually think of any bars that play good music that you listed lol...i'll have a think, there are a few pubs like that play rocky stuff.

as for clubs, there isnt really one!..which is what all the bars clocked onto as everyone stays in them all night so have started to charge a couple of quid entry :angry: I do sometimes go 'fever' though as thats open till 6 in the morning.

one good thing about northampton is that everything is in walking distance. There is the 'welly rd' which has all the pubs, then it moves on to 'abington street' which has a few bars, then that goes to 'bridge street' with the rest of the bars.

oh actually just remembered there is this club called balestra which has recently opened, i've been on a thursday and it was decent, my mate said its good on saturdays too. its at the top of bridge street.

If you find bridge street on google maps and have a look it might help lol

oh!...and to get in most bars you HAVE to wear shoes on a saturday, terrible

SHOE'S !!!!!! how posh, i dont think anyone wears them up north, its all about the plimsoles etc

yeah, the shoe rule is so stupid.

wear trampy clothes with shoes and you get in, wear fashionable cloths and a nice plimsoles and you dont get it in! its only saturdays that you have to wear shoes though

wtf, shoes! thats gash. i have black leathery shoe trainers, they not even good enough?

to be fair i went out in chesterfield before over a weekend and they wouldn't let people in without shoes. next day i went and got a pair of 4 quid shoes from shoe zone... no problem! still got the shoes as well, for 4 quid, bargain!

wtf, shoes! thats gash. i have black leathery shoe trainers, they not even good enough?

to be fair i went out in chesterfield before over a weekend and they wouldn't let people in without shoes. next day i went and got a pair of 4 quid shoes from shoe zone... no problem! still got the shoes as well, for 4 quid, bargain!

lol i duno man, if they look like shoes then sure, they'll work

You dont realise how ripped I got for my toms on saturday at UD.

Southern people just dont understand them :facepalm: :lol:

wow wow wow, I must disagree, I am southern, and LOVE my Toms :blush:

Possibly the comfiest pair of shoes anyone can buy. Used mine in the wintery snow, and in the recent sun :wub:

Fact TOM's are not comfortable, cool but not comfortable. And just like rifts they eventually smell.

They have soles made from recycled something or other, not a patch on a nice pair of lunarglides in the comfort stakes.

Although getting into a trendy night club in day glow running trainers often is a problem :lol: :lol: :lol: