Adam's Canica Mk2 Arosa | Sold!! BMW E30 Touring now!

Adam R4

Well. On the way to All Types Clive was smelling a bit hot and sweaty under the old collar, I thought nothing of it as little one litres have to work pretty hard to keep up with certain Lupo GTi's and Polo GT's etc.

Although, on the way home the smell was getting worse, I pulled over for fuel an my mate told me there was something hanging down and flapping underneath, we inspected, found nothing, I filled up then we carried on.

Upon arriving home, coming off the motorway, little engine winding itself down to a quieter level I could hear something scraping along the floor, it wasn't far until we where going to be stopping so I carried on.

I'd some how managed to rip off the pulley guard in the drivers wheel arch, it was dragging along the motorway and melting itself to pieces haha!

7249258878_cfff7e1e41.jpg

Guard by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

On closer inspection underneath the car I then figured out what the gashed where on the inside of the cover, it had been rubbing on the auxillory belt and power steering pump pulley, luckily no damage has been done to the pulley or belt so where all good there!

7249265494_9c759bfa45.jpg

Shreaded! by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

So, I cleaned it all up and replaced it, making sure it was on and not to come off again ahaha!

7249271052_efc7debd5c.jpg

Cleaned up! by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

Adam! ^_^

Edited by Adam R4

This is awsome! Top work fella........ i could even sacrifice sped for this :thumbsup:

Only messin, amazing colour too :thumbup:

*DubbisH*

Haha. I wouldn't mind introducing a little power tbh. I have an engine conversion in mind, just need to money and time.

Clive just chilling while I worked on the rally car!

7250370898_26dede570e.jpg

Chilling (: by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

^_^

Edited by Adam R4

If you don't mind me asking... What coilovers you running and how is the ride? I've asked this to many people in many occasions but like to get everyone's opinion as I'm thinking about coilovers on the GTi.

Thanks.

*DubbisH*

I'm running cheepo JOMs. I don't think the rides too bad, I've been in many cars on coilovers and there not the best. Certainly not the worst. They are a little jiggly but it's not unbearable.

On the GTi though you'd probably be better spending a little extra for the handling.

^_^

Dont know if youve been asked this yet, but have you had the chassis notched? I dont run anywhere near that low and the driveshaft sometimes gets a good scuffing.

It may do...

Never had a problem with the shaft catching. Although I do need to investigate a knocking N/S top mount today, it's been making a noise for a while now, and straighten out one of th exhaust tunnel braces, I Bent it the other night in southport and now my exhaust makes a rattling sound haha

^_^

It may do...

Never had a problem with the shaft catching. Although I do need to investigate a knocking N/S top mount today, it's been making a noise for a while now, and straighten out one of th exhaust tunnel braces, I Bent it the other night in southport and now my exhaust makes a rattling sound haha

^_^

I found that once mine was bent the exhaust was permanently close no matter how much bending we did. And, i didn't want to bend the brace down and lose any more ground clearance. So we put a heavy duty cable tie around the whole middle exhaust rubber which kind of gives it a helping hand (as its obviously a slacker now its 10ish years old) and lifts the exhaust off the brace. :)

Little Photoshoot with the roof bars on! ^_^

7263000328_b45a1f87f4.jpg

DSC09349 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

OEM SEAT goodness! Omnomnom!

7263001670_2b0d487f1a.jpg

DSC09341 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

7262997600_2e1787d236.jpg

DSC09350 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

7262993122_9280661ce5.jpg

DSC09362 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

7262994548_64b61d8903.jpg

DSC09361 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

7262991840_cd7a4d1bde.jpg

DSC09371 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

7262989742_c198a4676f.jpg

DSC09375 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

Whats that comin' over the hill!...

7262996414_f41d2f886c.jpg

DSC09351 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

Adam! ^_^

Just needs that canica blue roof box now our kid ;)

Search your feelings Adam...you know it to be true.