Adam's Canica Mk2 Arosa | Sold!! BMW E30 Touring now!

Adam R4

Hehe. heres a pic. Been busy prepping the rally car ready for the event where doing weekend after next!

DSC05480.jpg

I stuck it on. Wrapped it around the edges, trimmed it so that i could squeeze it bedind the rubbers and then heated it all up to make it stick better!

• Like 1

mate that looks awesome! you are much better than me at this - do you wanna do mine? lol

i`m gonna have to do it! hope you dont mind us being twins

its pretty easy stuff to work with as long as you have a heat gun, as it makes it soft like material then you can just stretch it into place.

Yeah you are best with a heatgun really. It goes very ply-able when you heat it, goes around almost any shape without creasing.

It was quite an easy job to to on the pillars. Basically a flat surface and then i wrapped the egdes and cut carefully near the rubbers! :D

Yeah, I removed the Heater surrounds and conrtols. I was unsure about the grill as i didnt want to go breaking the clips. Some how i managed to persuade myself to pull it out! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Some small updates to share with y'all!

De-Wipered rear window...

Arosa_4.jpg

Shorter Ariel...

Arosa_3.jpg

More Carbon!

Arosa_2.jpg

And an OEM+ rear speaker install, standard for now, just wanted to get it working!

Arosa_1.jpg

Cleaning it tonight, ready for CumbiaVAG tomorrow. :lol:

Nice one adam, you should wrap the door lever (theyre easy to remove)

Was it difficult to wire in the speakers? or was the loom already there? Whats the reception like with the shorter ariel? mines bad even with the standard one LOL

I thought about the lever. tbh im working with the left overs of carbon that i have so il have to see haha!

The speakers wernt too hard. I had to take a wire from a little dock situated behing the bonnet release, along the cill and up the rear quarter. Same on the passenger side appart from as you know there isnt a bonnet release.

The ariel works well. Lost some reception when ive been over the peak district but who doesnt! I think the one ive got is about 5/6 inches shorter than standard!

Looking really good! Will look even better once lowered a little bit. Really like the carbon wrapping. I may have to have a go myself.

Are you still running 185/60 profile tyres? I like the idea of your wheels they look great and would really suit my budget.

Looking really good! Will look even better once lowered a little bit. Really like the carbon wrapping. I may have to have a go myself.

Are you still running 185/60 profile tyres? I like the idea of your wheels they look great and would really suit my budget.

It would look a million times better lowered! And yeah im still on the 185/60's, but for £60 for the wheels and tyres their staying on till their finished!

Looks cool, I love the colour!

Sell me your mud flaps? :)

Cheers, haha mudflaps aren't for sale! :P

Loving the carbon wrapping! Did you do the main dash trim that surrounds the stereo and centre heater vents? I painted mine but the plastic keeps reacting to the paint :(

Also, when you wrapped the vent surrounds, did you just cover the entire surround in vinyl and then cut out the hole where the vent is?

Might wrap my interior the same colour as I've painted it, want a smooth finish :(

Abd you have windy windows! JEALOUS!

This is the first few bits of dash trim it did.

I took the heater vents out and the the surround off, the i stuck a sheet of wrap over the vent surround and heated it up so that it took the the shape of the surround, i then cut a decent hole where the vent should be and heated the edges, wrapped them around the corners and trimmed the excess.

230155_2102588923053_1195353657_2584518_5348959_n.jpg

whats so good about wind up windows? :wacko:

I dont want to do the centre bit tbh. I think it would be too much. Cant quite afford the material to do it with. It'll eat into my coilover funds! :lol::shifty:

The car looked really good at cumbria vag last Sunday mate, I so love the colour, keep up the good work :)

• 3 weeks later...

A little update for ya'll!

250164_2311952317007_1195353657_2831048_1865585_n.jpg

Got them on this evening. gotta sort the tracking obviously and set the heights equal, the spring seats are all equal but the car sits about 3-4mm out side from side, could just be the road i suppose. :)

Edited by Adam R4