Virgin active Gyms

Ashh

Right, time for a rant :)!

Basically i joined up to virgin active gyms in october. I got 1 free session to try it out, then joined. Before signing anything i asked the rep to explain exactly what would happen if i stopped paying the monthly rate.

he said 'You won't be allowed to use the gym' I asked if i would be chased, threatened in any way or sent letters demanding money, he simply replied no, if you dont pay you just cannot use the gym. Which i liked, as i wasn't gunna join if i was going to receive any of the above...

Anywho, i rung them december the 17th, explaining how i wanted to quit but could get to the gym until after xmas, so i was canceling the direct debit as i couldn't afford to pay the extortionate prices. i finally went down on the 18th of january and quit(signed paperwork etc). I expected this to be the last i heard from the money grabbing ****s, but oh no. I received a letter explaining my membership could not be cancelled because i had 2x outstanding payments of 37.00, And an administration fee of £30? And threatening me with other means of collecting this money (bailiffs).

yet when i joined i was told i would not get any of this!

Now, i was only 16 when i joined so i haven't got a legally binding contract, all i have is the direct debit sheet and a membership document stating i can quit whenever i want, on a monthly basis. Now i'm only 17, so im still not contracted in or anything.

basically after what i can do? trading standards etc?

Cheers :)

Just check the small print on whatever you signed, they might be trying to scare you and expecting you to pay, if it says nothing at all about any admin fee then explain this to them, and say your not accepting the charge.

I like to sport cauliflower ears to the gym and any t shirt ive been given as a freebie, i even have one saying " i love power tools" its menacingly gay.

In all honesty, never seen anybody wearing one of those... Anybody wearing any sort of compression top or under-armour wears it under a tee haha

As a kind of, ending to this story i went to the gym tonight and had to pay £74 to stop bailifs coming round, told them to shove the £30 admin fee's cause that was pure bull & that i'd be attending until the 1st of march and making their lives hell :angry2: :angry2: :) good times.

Edited by Ashhizzle