What the buggery is going on with Club Lupo

DarkStryder360

Doesn't the Google Adsense bar at the top of the forum generate money? Surely who ever doesn't want to pay for premium membership could at very least click that banner every once in a while? :coffee:

Yes it does generate some cash but not nearly enough to sustain the forum's outgoings every year.

It does raise some money but not enough to cover the monthly costs of the hosting. We've always made enough to cover costs in the past but now the hosting is costing 5 times what it did before, we may struggle and it's not fair for Matt to end up out of pocket to keep the site running for everyone elses benefit.

As Ray said, we (admins & mods) pay for stickers / membership cards / tshirts etc out of our own pocket before recouping the costs as we go and passing any profits (if we make any!) to Matt towards the running costs. It's not cheap to keep Club Lupo running and we're all relying on each other to put some money into the kitty.

There's discussion in the mods forum about how to raise more funds so we'll keep you posted about developments and our ideas to keep CL running.

Doesn't the Google Adsense bar at the top of the forum generate money? Surely who ever doesn't want to pay for premium membership could at very least click that banner every once in a while? :coffee:

Click away then. :coffee:

When we moved servers, one of the database tables got a bit screwed up in the transfer. MattyB (the technological wizard that he is) is on the case.

You're just going to have to put up with it potentially being a bit temperamental while Matt tries to sort it all out I'm afraid, although for now it seems to be fixed. (*crosses fingers*)

Would it be possible in the future to let all users know what's going on with updates and any running issues that could ensue from them please mate? Coz I was starting to think there was a problem my end!

None of this has been planned maintenance or down time, trust me. It went down the first time because the hosting company took us down for exceeding bandwith. Matt then got us up & running as soon as he could, having had to transfer everything across to a new server with the hosting company.

The SQL errors were just a teething problem so we thought, until it went down yesterday without warning. The first we knew about it was when myself, Ray & Jamie all got the SQL error when trying to get on here - I notified Matt of the problem and he has spent the best part of 24 hours trying to fix it.

The only reason I know where we're at now is because Matt posted up in the mods forum, after he was able to fix it. For the last few days, we've all been in the same boat as you.

You want....

"I like to moan"

?