MK V Polo Rear wiper?

Loopy Lupo

Sure does - clears the GTI spoiler by about 1mm, so if you have an aftermarket spoiler, it may not clear it without modification.

Wiper Arm - 6Q6 955 707A - £9.60

Cap - 6Q6 955 435A - £1.02

Wiperblade - 6Q6 955 425A - £4.50

First thing I did when I got the car - light years ahead of the standard Lupo wiper, it manages to actually clean the rear window, and does it silently! The OE one does neither of those things biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I've had it on the car for over a year now - I had the part numbers handy as I had to go in and order a new blade for it a couple of weeks ago.

Looks better than the OE one, too.

Either there's two types of cap or some of you lot can't fit it correctly - mine clips on perfectly and has never come off - indeed, when I changed the blade I took it off (didn't actually have to, but thought I did!), and it was a right ****** to get off.

QUOTE(Bikerz)
looks like someone already done or looking into this mod seeing as he responded in 6 min with part numers and prices and info!

Snoop's the man with the part numbers! 8)

I'm going to replace mine as it is a bit ***** really and the blade is on it's way out too... but just on that, my squirter still isn't working on the rear - if I change to the polo one it won't affect anything will it? I assume it squirts from the polo arm like the lupo one does.. wish the damn thing would work sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> anyway.

the cap has changed part no's to a 6q6955435b and its `back-ordered` at the moment! mine didn't fit coz of the rubber washer that the wiper comes out of thru the glass. it sticks up to much and knocks the cap off!!

i cut the clip off the bottom and just use the 2 top clips, i also cut a chunk off from the bottom of the cap!!! works 90% of the time, but still comes loose occasionally. i only notice tho when i try to squirt water onto the screen, and it mists everywhere!!!

• 5 years later...

Major thread revial, but rather than start a new one, I thought I'd ask my question here instead!!

I have a Polo 9n2 rear aero wiper to put on my GTI...

I've removed the cap off the orginal one, and used a socket set to remove the bolt that appears to be holding the wiper arm on.

However, once thats off, how on earth to I get the wiper arm off the car?! It looks to be threaded on, but even after soaking in WD40, I cannot work out how it comes off the car?! :(

Prise it carfully. I think I used loads of padding and a claw hammer to work it round. And you'll be better raisinf the blade off the window to release the side pressure on the spleen.

You can get a blade from a Passat estate, it's the same lenght as a std GTI wiper, so misses the spoiler fine and looks neater. Also, for people searching this in the future, you can get a wiper arm puller from Halfords.

Does it definitely clear the spoiler? I remember Foxy's used to catch slightly.

I recall somebody saying the Touran blade was slightly smaller than the Polo 9N3 one.

The only problem I recall with the 9N3 / Mk5 GTI rear wiper was the plastic cap! You need to trim quite a lot off the bottom of it, otherwise it'll scratch the rear windscreen to death at the pivot point.

• 3 years later...

I tried the POLO 9N rear wiper setup on my Arosa but the blade was too long and wiped the tail gate between the glass and high level brake light, after much searching on ETKA (VW GROUP parts catalogue) I found a much shorter blade with the same type of fitting. If you have a tailgate spoiler the setup I chose will not hit the spoiler or require the blade to be cut down.

I went for a 3C9 955 425 as used on the 3C chassis VW PASSAT estate and 1P chassis LEON. It's 280mm long which is roughly 55mm shorter than the POLO mod type. It's the same length as the standard type wiper blade used on the LUPO & AROSA models from factory.

I fitted before going out in the downpours we've been having and cleared the screen without any issues or horrible noise.

I used the following which can be ordered from any VW or SEAT dealership

Wiper Arm - 6Q6 955 707C
Cap - 6Q6 955 435A
Wiperblade - 3C9 955 425

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the major thread revival but I was interested in doing this until I got a quote from the dealers - what used to be a £15 mod now costs £38!

Has anyone tried a 3rd party version? Looks like they can be picked up for under a tenner and I'm tempted..

I used wiper arm cap 6Q6 955 435D, mine worked out to £33-84 inc. VAT for new genuine parts with some careful shopping at the back end of last year.

Make sure you buy the right length wiper blade as above if you've got a GTi, unlike I did first time around.... :blush::lol:

If you can get access to a wiper arm puller tool/slide hammer, it makes the job very easy.

:)

Martin

Edited by Tourist