Marcus's sport....front end damage

marcusgrant

Well I'm not really sure what to do about this car at them moment, i sort of fancy a change but then i remember how much of a fun car it is to own and how i never seen another on the road.

As some of you may know i had a slight accident in it the other month. Only panel damage, the front end if off and this can been seen.

Not really sure how much it is going to be to fix in total as with it being christmas i havent been able to get costs on paint etc.

Bit of history on the car - I've owned it for nearly 18months. the previous owner is on here and had it for 2 years...in this time it look like he did the majority of the mileage. cars had 4 owners

So the car:

Rarer 1.4 16v 100bhp

Engine-

Roughly 94k

FULL service history, loads of stamps (VW, seat, Phil Grant Motors - dads company).

Book full of receipts.

Had the cambelt done recently.

The valve on the old back box fell off so had a Scorpion exhaust fitted (cat back) at the cost of £380 including fitting....this has probably had about 500 miles through it.

MOT - think its got 6 months minimum.

The engine really is spot on, i looked for ages for a decent sport. I got this car on about 75k and it really hasn't missed a beat. With my dad being a mechanic as well, if its ever needed anything, it got it.

Exterior-

Not bad condition for its age but dont expect show condition, rear bumper is slightly faded and its looks like its had a slight bump on one side. been like it since i got it and never really bothered me. When its all polished up it looks good.

On standard wheels, all of which had recently had brand new toyos (£200)

AP coilovers (£400), which have been properly laser aligned (£100)

What it will need from the accident - Bonnet, Bumper, Grill, Grill Surround, 2x Headlights, 1x Farside indicator, slam panel, thin bit of metal (don't know the name). Wings are all fine.

Interior-

GTI interior - mint.

Focal components (Access 165 A1) built into existing speaker locations (inc tweeters in dash) looks totally standard. Done properly with sound deadening and decent wiring.

Alpine amp under drivers seat to power speakers.

All running off Pioneer head unit.

Bits of carbon wrapping.

Current state:

191220101014.jpg

191220101017.jpg

191220101016.jpg

After the little accident:

191220101012.jpg

How it looked in the past:

31102010846.jpg

31102010847.jpg

02062010649.jpg

02062010655.jpg

02062010645.jpg

24052010636.jpg

01112010861.jpg

12122010981.jpg

12122010980.jpg

The car is currently SORN.

If i hadn't of had this accident then i would certainly not be selling it, but now this has happened im tempted by a change, it really was a great car and with a little bit of work could easily be bought back to life. I imagine if all parts could be sourced second hand it would be a pretty cheap fix?

Any more questions just ask.

Price - 2k ovno as it is. may seem a bit steap in its current condition but when i've just spent nearly 600 quid on tyres and exhaust alone.

Thread

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=58376&st=0

Cheers :blush:

Edited by marcusgrant

Your going to struggle to make that on it, the conventional rule of thumb is that modifications dont add value, if you want to make it all back id consider selling it as parts.

Yeah i know and understand what you're saying. I'm just not 100% about selling it and can't be doing with breaking it for parts.

Marcus, stop being silly and delete these threads mate. Your keeping it, end of. You know you'll regret flogging it after a little bump. Do the right thing buddy!

break a car because of that little bump!!!!! REALLY !!! :blink:

dude get it fixed theres loads of lupos breaking atm :)

See?! You know it makes sense pal, stop being an attention whore and get looking through the parts classifieds!!

i agree with all the of the above... get this thread down and get ur ass fixing it... has to be one of the cleanest lupos on here, but i know your feeling i had a small bump in mine last month and i've been tempted to sell up since, but yeah get out of the sellling phase of mind and get it back to perfect!

ok i'll fix it!! was driving round in the dog **** primera tonight, came home and saw the lupo and decided to get a move on!

lol, its just the cost really. I want all new parts not second hand...I've got the cost back from lupoboz and ummmm even with his prices its pricey pricey. :wacko:

I think im going to try one being broken near me

dude i just remembered i know of a red one breaking i'll get onto the kid tomo. see whats left as i know the shell has now gone

Marcus, stop being daft, you should see mine. Rear quarter, arch, back bumper damage, and I wasn't even driving... it was parked up :(

Get fixing, you'll regret it!

no way man :( its even worse when it wasnt your fault.

one decent thing about driving an r reg primera now is that i just dont care about it lol. cant park wherever i like, dont have to wash it....if only i was old enough to insure two cars all the time

it will get fixed - i think

no way man :( its even worse when it wasnt your fault.

one decent thing about driving an r reg primera now is that i just dont care about it lol. cant park wherever i like, dont have to wash it....if only i was old enough to insure two cars all the time

it will get fixed - i think

good lad :) mines going in to be fixed in a few weeks... £500 though :S

you coming to UD?

good lad :) mines going in to be fixed in a few weeks... £500 though :S

you coming to UD?

:( paying out money for an accident is annoying isnt it...just one of those things in life though!

I got a quote back today for paint from where i would like it done :P I want it to go to the bloke thats worked on Carly's sport and 'nayr' (guess its ryan!) GTI...the silver one will full mk5/6 cloth.

He seems fairly priced for the credit his work gets..hopefully get it booked in for march/april time.

hopefully! not sure if i will be staying over or not though. are you? car on show?