What happens when you shut the Tyne Tunnel?

LiamD

At midnight 21st November, the Tyne Tunnel was shut by Police so cars could go through at speed if they donated money to charity.

It wasn't allowed to be treated like a rally stage but speed limits were not enforced on the night.

You had to donate money to "Cash for Kids" charity to do a run and they ended up raising over 2000 quid for charity meaning over 200 cars took part, mainly jap stuff.

BIG thanks to Skyline owners and TT2 for making it happen...

148337_465120541093_511031093_5952548_5695262_n.jpg

I mainly posted this for the video, the noise is quite good! :lol:

Awesome! Did you hit the limiter when you first nailed it?

It was soaking in the tunnel so yeah, it span up quite easily.

I was amazed that no one really took the piss, the Police were happy with everyone's conduct and driving despite the speeds, and luckily, raised a load of money for charity.

some one on a local jap forum said he got up too 120 on the straight and some skylines were hitting 140...

you see I nudged 120 on that run

most of the skylines there were dog**** slow, there was a stunning R34 GTR in my group though. Some of the auto R33 GTS-T things were just comedy, all noise and drama with no actual performance haha.

This could set a precedent for other Police Authorities to do similar. There have got to be plenty of 'contained' roads in Britain where a top speed run could be done with good safety.

Ben, yeah the GTR was red. Looked like something off Gran Turismo.

The Police were more bothered about upsetting the local residents than anything else, although there was a strict rule of no overtaking.

Ive seen this red gtr down on team valley a few times , looks mega aggressive as far as cars can lol and it shifted too.