Grumpy old men thread.

scotty_82

I'm not old enough but..

The fact that you cant go on a night out without having loud noises pumped into your ears which means you cant hear anything anyone says or hold a conversation! To me this defeats the whole idea of going out :confused:

Im 30 next Tuesday so im more than old enough for this thread.....

It really does annoy me that I cant go out for a quiet pint and a conversation anymore, and no its not just limited to nightclubs. Its every sodding bar you go into!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no affiliation, but for drinking establishments with no music and a wide range of beers, ciders, wines and spirits at good value prices...

I'm not old enough but..

The fact that you cant go on a night out without having loud noises pumped into your ears which means you cant hear anything anyone says or hold a conversation! To me this defeats the whole idea of going out :confused:

Wetherspoons

Its not just nigthclubs though, every bar around me seems to feel the need to play their music way above the volume of normal speech, meaning you cant hear anything but the ****e 'bleeps and bangs'.

Wetherspoons

Im 30 next Tuesday so im more than old enough for this thread.....

It really does annoy me that I cant go out for a quiet pint and a conversation anymore, and no its not just limited to nightclubs. Its every sodding bar you go into!

Weth-er-spoons!!!

Edited by IDGM

In now on a level far higher than just grumpy , i know would like to kick in the ovaries or nuts all estate agents , they are worse than coppers for lying when it suits them :coffee: :coffee:

I have no affiliation, but for drinking establishments with no music and a wide range of beers, ciders, wines and spirits at good value prices...

Wetherspoons

Wetherspoons

Weth-er-spoons!!!

I know what your saying but i don't like to spend too much time around alcoholics who've been in there since they opened at 10.00AM. I just spend all my time in pubs and very small bars, much better!

Wetherspoons?

Ours has music on all the time, which they turn up full blast as soon as it hits 7 or 8o'clock.

Was in there once a few years ago when the X-Factor or Pop Idol or something final was on. The barmaid wanted to watch it, so turned it up so loud that all the speakers were distorting, and refused to turn it down. My mate worked there at the time, so adjusted it so it was still ridiculously loud, but the speakers could handle it. She turned it back up again. If we were all so interested in it, why would we have gone to the pub?

Saying that, our other Wetherspoons doesn't play music, and that is full of alcoholics who've been there since 10am. :lol: It's alright in there.

Well, I must say I am quite happy with our Weatherspoons, they play no music and drink is cheap. Good place to go after work on a Friday for a catchup and fallover.

Lloyds No.1 is owned by Wether's but has the volume on. However, some Wetherspoons can get very loud just from the chatting going on. The worst I've been for that is The Counting House in Glasgow.

I like going in Wetherspoons if we're out shopping and fancy some lunch. The food quality always seems reliable, Stan can sit at a table with a plate of food eaten with a knife & fork learning some 'eating out' etiquete for little more than a Happy Meal eaten out of a box in the street.

some Wetherspoons can get very loud just from the chatting going on.

I'm sure they have a CD with background noise on. Even when you go in ours and there's only a handful of people in it's still really loud. :lol:

I'm sure they have a CD with background noise on. Even when you go in ours and there's only a handful of people in it's still really loud. :lol:

Those noises I am afraid to say Mr Plop are inside your head.

Bbbwwwwwwwwwwaaaaabhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaahhhaahhahahhhahhhahaaahhaaaaaaaa...

:wacko:

With regard to 'under 26', what's the deal on X-Factor with Louis' Over-28s category? Is that when a BYT turns into a Pop Icon?

If I were Cowell, I'd ditch the age related category (discriminatory surely) along with Cheryl 'Brain Dead' Cole. No value in either.

Eye candy has its use's , i'd rather look and listen to her over simon or louis'you remind me of a young lenney henry' walsh

Edited by scotty_82

It used to be Wetherspoons never had any music, kinda their mission statement, then they made lloyds which was the slightly more chavvy yet containing less bin men kida establishment that played music.

Due to the various locations Wetherspoons have now some of them need to have music to keep with the competition like theres on at the local generic nigtclub/cinema complex has opened to replace a Chicago rock and has to have music as would be too outtaplace yet the one right in the city centre has no music as the pissheads get offended by it.

Some wetherspoons open alot earlier than 10am as i noticed on a recent trip to york and there were plenty of people drinking, i tried to convince myself they just finished a night shift somewhere but none of them looked like they were able to hold down a job.

Here's something i find annoying, people that take too long to go when the lights turn to green, i mean most self respecting motorists are watching the other peoples lights waiting for them to turn to amber so as to be able to go asap?

I don't meet the age requirement but **** it.

Pilonidal Cysts - google it if you really must. I have one, it won't go away, and I'm going to hospital for surgery tomorrow (the first time I've had surgery in my adult life). Truly disgusting horrible things, I have sympathy for anyone who's ever had one, and for anyone with lower back pain, don't ignore it like dickhead here, go to the Doctors.

Pressure on a part of your body that shouldn't naturally happen. Mine is exactly where a belt hooks through on jeans on the centre of the back part, and cos I wear them quite low and slouch, that pressure has caused the skin to damage and then get infected. Nice eh?

So all those grumpy old men telling you to pull your trousers up properly. They're right!!

I know two people that have had the op done, both wounds got infected worse than the original problem. Nasty.

Hope it gets sorted quickly and easily. I wouldn't fancy it myself, that's for sure.