BBS RX2 :/

Ben™

Hey guys,

Been googling and can't seem to find the offset on the RX2's.

I've heard rumours of the 16"'s being et 45 which is awfully high and I'd have to get a torch to try and find my wheels under those arches.

Can anyone confirm the offset of the 15"'s?

Regards,

Ben

BBS RX2's were available in many fitments varying from ET25 through to ET52. A lot varies upon which car they were originally specified to.

The RX2's which were specified on the Polo 6n2 GTI were an 6 x 15" ET45.

Yes, 10mm spacers will drop it down to an ET35 which should be fine on a Lupo.

However it may be worth getting a 15mm spacer for the rear as it has been known for Lupos with drum brakes to have problems with spacers under 12mm ish.

Yep,

You'll need to buy different bolts to fit the alloys anyway.

Double check with a Polo GTI owner on the spec of the Polo GTI wheel bolts, then add an extra 10mm/15mm respectively to the length of the threaded section and Job Done! :)

what do you mean lupo's are et 38 :S wheels have et's not cars.

I don't think you understand this wheel fitting business lol.

if i was getting RX2's and wanted a nice,practical set up i would have 20/25mm spacers on the rear 15/20mm spacers on the front with 195/45 tyres. These would not be poking out the archs at all.

Old New

Diameter 561.2mm 556.5mm

Circumference 1763.1mm 1748.3mm

Poke 31.9mm 56.2mm

Inset 107.9mm 96.2mm

Speedo error 0% 0.84%

Reading at 30mph 30mph 30.25mph

Reading at 60mph 60mph 60.51mph

Ride height gain 0mm -2.35mm

Arch gap loss 0mm -2.35mm

If you bought the correct spacers, you won't need longer bolts as @ 20 and 25mm hubcentric spacers will bolt to your hubs with flush heads and then your wheel will bolt to the spacer with the standard (for the type of wheel) bolts.

After a lovely chat with a person at venom motorsport found out the standard bolts are 28mm long.

So am I right in thinking I need 8 bolts M12 x 1.5 x 38mm & 8 bolts M12 x 1.5 x 43mm?

Where would I find somewhere who stocks them?

Also been looking on ebay they only do them in 10mm intervals, would using longer bolts than necessary hurt?

Edit: found some 40mm and 42mm, would 2mm too long and 1mm too short hurt?

Regards,

Ben

Ok for a start you need round seat bolts, not straight taper, Lupo alloys have these, I guess steels are the same. They are a OEM VW wheel so don't need taper seat bolts.

The bolts are 26mm as std, I know on my car it's better off with 5mm longer bolts(basically 30mm) 40mm should be OK.

Also, you don't want a 10mm spacer, it will not be hubcentric(Google that) and might lead to wheel vibration. IMO anyway.

After a lot of struggling alot of people have helped me out.

Today I discovered wheels have ET's, not cars!

Ended up buying 20mm fronts & 25mm rears, all hubcentric so I won't be needing the longer bolts.

So the front will be sitting on a 25ET and the rears on 20ET, hope this will be okay.

Regards to everyone who's had to put up with my non-stop jibberish.

Ben

Edited by 1.0E Ben