1.0 Extra Power Poss??

StuartyAlec

My friend has a 1.0 corsa.

Started life with 57bhp.

He then gave it a induction kit and a remap.

The results he got were phenomonal!

He managed to acheive 106bhp!!

Now he can take 1.6 focuses etc!

Just wondering if anyone has any idea if a 1.0 8v can acheive any good power results!

I know people are gonna say *buy a new car* + *do an engine conversion*.

But just wondering what the 1.0 lump can do?

because i dont think many people have tuned the 1.0???

HAHAHAHA no.

Seriosuly, those 1.0 3 pot engines are utter cr@p. I'd like to see the figure sheet from that corsa because I think your mate is chatting poo :)

On a serious note, don't bother! Save the dollor on making it look good because not matter what you do, you will not gain much power from a 1.0...

My friend has a 1.0 corsa.

Started life with 57bhp.

He then gave it a induction kit and a remap.

The results he got were phenomonal!

He managed to acheive 106bhp!!

Now he can take 1.6 focuses etc!

Just wondering if anyone has any idea if a 1.0 8v can acheive any good power results!

I know people are gonna say *buy a new car* + *do an engine conversion*.

But just wondering what the 1.0 lump can do?

because i dont think many people have tuned the 1.0???

[lol]So they acchieved 100BHP per Litre with a filter and a remap? [/lol]

I think not!

A 1.0 Corsa (I'm guessing it's a C) would never reach that figure without extensive mods like forced induction, forged internals etcetc

A 1.2 C with epic amounts spent on it only achieved around 110, still nowhere near a standard 1.8 C

So basically, your friend chats total cow pat and races granny's in their Focus'.

the 1.6 focus isnt a quick car and will probably be a heavier car. therefore the power to weight wont be great. meaning i lighter car with less power may have a close power to weight ratio and be able to keep up with them. but that bhp figure is rubbish ask to see the rolling road sheet and if hes got one saying that, they need to get it calibrated.

I love pub bragging threads, what did the micra k10 superturbo make as standard , im sure that wasn't that far over 100.

The gti doesn't have a "kit"

If your wanting the car to go quicker then make it lighter, cheapest option.

The sides as in the whole side of the car?

You'll basically need to cut most of the car away and get them welded in on a jig to make sure its all square , thats one hell of a job just to get a gti look-a-like

• 2 weeks later...

A stock 1.0 AUC engine with air filter, cam and remap will see you with 65bhp at the flywheel. Adding ITB's take it to 78bhp. Thats the most the standard porting and valves can handle, it's not impossible to get over 100bhp from the 1 litre but it takes alot of cash and time, plus a few destroyed motors to find what works and doesnt. As for the Corsa and its power gain from the air filter, read above!

Had this discussion with Daren before when I had the 1.0 Arosa.

As there are no tuning products avsailable off the shelf, it would mean a lot of custom made\engineered tuning parts which will take money.

Lightened flywheel and crank, ported and polished head, performance cam, carbs(?) air intake and exhaust and a remap to make the most of it. Done all of this on my Hillman Imps, apart from the remap, back in the "early years", but then a lot more kit was available off the shelf and the engine was simpler.

I bought a GTI instead, but I would really love to see someone take a 1.0 and spend the time and moey to see what it can do.

...as for the GTI "kit" that would be front bumper: 2 parts, front wings, rear wings, sills, spoiler and possibly the bonnet. So you got a bargain for £50!

I'm assuming you've purchased a Reiger kit.

Erm.......... ;)

I did search for your thread as I wasn't 100% on what you had done, but the new board software hides posts past a certain age.

Dig it out and resurrect it ;)

If one had all the internals sorted, what would be the chances of getting one of the cargers off a small jap engined car to work?

I did search for your thread as I wasn't 100% on what you had done, but the new board software hides posts past a certain age.

Dig it out and resurrect it ;)

If one had all the internals sorted, what would be the chances of getting one of the cargers off a small jap engined car to work?

Assuming all the internals were sorted then forced induction would be a nice addition , for such a high revving low torque engine a hybrid turbo spec'd for the high gas flow speeds from 10k rpm makes a good amount of extra power. With a modified compression ratio of 11.2 to 1 after skimming it means the turbo doesnt have to have a lot of boost, just a few psi to help things along.

As for my build thread, the link is below but not much has happened on it recently as I have started a new job, it will soon happen though as the boss has set a space aside for me to take it to work.

My Build Thread