Attention Music Lovers

nfbr

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood the way people hate X because it isn't Y. Good, well crafted music should appeal to everyone irrespective of it's genre. This was confirmed to me this year at Glastonbury. I would never have imagined me going to watch someone like Jackson Brown and really enjoying the vibe and energy off the stage.

Love what you love.

Sperm or killer?

Blue for me.

I can imagine sperm whales will have some kind of funky bass guitar rift going through it and killer whales will just be a kiss tribute band.

im a dirty pikey chav apparently, i dont like any speeded up dance with someone m'cing over the top however i can listen to anything from electro breakdance stuff from 80's through early rave 90's, ska , two tone ,indy, pink floyd, rem, weller, d n b is basically jungle from the 90's with a new name all using the amen break from the 60's, i can listen to rammstien and other acts along those line's.

i could be a complete cock here and say something like all the stuff listed by dark stryder is for dirty looking anemic greasy long haired smelly ****s who live in there bedrooms playing x box games with fake friends they never meet, or spend most waking hours in game zone pushing toy soldiers etc around a board.

but what would be the point of me saying that as it's a generalisation, i dont live on the 17th floor of a building nor am i in the age groups qouted for liking the stuff.

music is supposed to bring people together , so get over yourselves, no one's forcing you to listen.

some people on this forum act like they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth's, just because you live in a nicer place than someone else will never necessarily make you any better.

Yep those are WELL CHAVVY BOI!!! ;)

And yes, people ARE forcing me to listen because as I said, I am on the bus, and all I hear are gay dance music CHOONZZ, same with walking down the street, some chav in a Corsa etc, blazing out his chooonzzz. I therefore have no choice but to listen, and hate the music. :wacko:

Of course I play Xbox and play with randoms, I doing a Game Design degree, pointless else!....Plus I do live in my bedroom as opposed to a .. toilet?

And I live in Plymouth, you been? Its a proper cake hole.

what a blinkered view.

you think they are pill heads bopping about, they'll think you're stoner with too much leather and denim being a dick. It's all one big circle. I'd probably rather be with the 'pill heads', they always look like they are having more fun than the moshers telling people how commercial everything has got. STFU AND PARTY :lol:

On a night out I'll listen to anything, it's good friends that make a good night out, not necessarily the music, although it helps. I think the guy who DJ'd at Edition this year nailed it as far as 'night out' music goes.

I dont any items of leather sadly :angry2:

You been to a rock night in a club before? Obviously not, if you would consider pill popping raving the way forward. And how commercial everything has got, did you not see the list of artists I listen to lol. I maybe have one artist that isnt commercial on my iTunes list.

You havent ever felt the feeling of being completely out of place? I feel out of place where there are ghey dance choonnnzzz blaring. I guess you are a special kinda guy.

What about small minded emo?

Your generalization on the listed 'chav' music is totally inaccurate. Dance for a start is a massive, bigger than rock, genre which I personally love and am certainly not a dirty pikey chav.

I actually like some of the music you've listed but do you not get bored of never hearing anything uplifting?

I hate this attitude, which is more often brought about by people that think themselves as 'individuals' who, again, more often that not listen to this kind of music. I saw it all through school where if you listen to death metal etc you think anything mainstream is far beneath you.

Argh!

LOL loving people getting so offended, brilliant.

People who enjoy that music more so than others, from the people I know, are chavs, how is that meant to make me believe that the majority arent chavs?

do you not get bored of never hearing anything uplifting?

Obviously, selective reading is apparent here:

And any 70/80/90's retro tunes I can find (American Anthems,Power Ballads!), and any cheese pop too. Gotta love cheesy 90/00's Pop!

And in regards to:

you think anything mainstream is far beneath you.

No, I know what you mean, when I am 14/15 etc I had mates that listened to Pink Floyd, I thought they were just on one of those bandwagons that arrises in the point of school life when you believe you're better than other people because you listen to Led Zep or Pink Floyd etc.

I was normal, I listened to S Club, Will Smith, 5ive... still do! In some clubs its the best thing ever to have those come on, as opposed to Professor Green....... :coffee:

And the list of tunes I put up are all mainstream. :blink:

I think people are getting to offended by the fact that everywhere I go, I am surrounded by chavvy tools blaring their music out loud via headphones, phone, or car. I cant help that because of that, I hate it. Obviously, people love it, and give them a high five as they go by.

Edited by DarkStryder360

I think people are getting to offended by the fact that everywhere I go, I am surrounded by chavvy tools blaring their music out loud via headphones, phone, or car. I cant help that because of that, I hate it. Obviously, people love it, and give them a high five as they go by.

Buy ear plugs...

Problem solved.

Stop whining!

Yep those are WELL CHAVVY BOI!!! ;)

And yes, people ARE forcing me to listen because as I said, I am on the bus, and all I hear are gay dance music CHOONZZ, same with walking down the street, some chav in a Corsa etc, blazing out his chooonzzz. I therefore have no choice but to listen, and hate the music. :wacko:

Sounds a little whiney to me! :lol:

I dont any items of leather sadly :angry2:

You been to a rock night in a club before? Obviously not, if you would consider pill popping raving the way forward. And how commercial everything has got, did you not see the list of artists I listen to lol. I maybe have one artist that isnt commercial on my iTunes list.

You havent ever felt the feeling of being completely out of place? I feel out of place where there are ghey dance choonnnzzz blaring. I guess you are a special kinda guy.

I have been to many, many, many rock nights at clubs before. You either have two choices of what to do, stand around trying to look as cool as possible, or, go in a mosh pit and get battered about a bit. The only plus side to rock nights/rock clubs, are the girls, even then they normally hang off the arms of the greasy, sweating, bell end with a **** beard. I'm saying this despite the fact I have a date with an alt girl model tonight (I hope I don't go under my own assumptions).

You use the term 'pill popping ravers' very generically. I'll be honest I can't really hack rave music (Wigan Pier, etc, etc), so I do this CRAZY thing, I don't go to raves. Normal nightclubs and bars, playing your usual house/trance/dance/blah music? I love it.

You use the term 'pill popping ravers' very generically. I'll be honest I can't really hack rave music (Wigan Pier, etc, etc), so I do this CRAZY thing, I don't go to raves. Normal nightclubs and bars, playing your usual house/trance/dance/blah music? I love it.

Pills are of a very poor quality now days.

Thats my input.

I like all sorts of music, even rave and heavy metal have some qualities although i don't ever listen to them.

I've never understood the way people hate X because it isn't Y. Good, well crafted music should appeal to everyone irrespective of it's genre. This was confirmed to me this year at Glastonbury. I would never have imagined me going to watch someone like Jackson Brown and really enjoying the vibe and energy off the stage.

Love what you love.

Well said that man!

I bought 2 CDs the other day - Michael Buble (Crazy Love) and Pendulum (Immersion). Eclectic much? :lol:

In the last week I've listened to:

Holst - Planet Suite

Pendulum - Immersion

Buble - Crazy Love

Maroon5 - Songs about Jane

Otis Redding - Dock of the Bay

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

... but the song stuck in my head is Katy B - Katy on a Mission.

Confused? Me too.

Well said that man!

I bought 2 CDs the other day - Michael Buble (Crazy Love) and Pendulum (Immersion). Eclectic much? :lol:

In the last week I've listened to:

Holst - Planet Suite

Pendulum - Immersion

Buble - Crazy Love

Maroon5 - Songs about Jane

Otis Redding - Dock of the Bay

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

... but the song stuck in my head is Katy B - Katy on a Mission.

Confused? Me too.

That's a mix. I think that as one gets older, the horizons broaden. Give me another ten years, and I might've found Radio 3 on my radio.