2012 Focus ST

DarkStryder360

Check out the concept for the 2012, nice right!?

2012_ford-focus-_Europe.jpg

Check out what Ford decided to make instead, piece of absolute lameness:

2012-ford-focus-001.jpg

Heres the ST version. Click at your own risk.

Focus ST 2012 - Net Car Show

I loved the other ST and RS incarnations. I personally dont understand what Ford were smoking. The rear of that car, with that colour. DAYAM :sick:

The front looks, OK-ish, but slap a license plate on that grill and ruined.

Opinions?

:confused: If you dont look at the front i think it looks quite like an Audi Q7 towards the back, and what on earth are those two colours??? Where did they get them?

Oh i really shouldn't have clicked that link. :doh:

Edited by Scotty1.4

it doesn't look that bad. from an owners perspective, i passed the 1 year ownership mark with my ST last week, this is the longest i've kept a car other than my fabia vRS, this is my 14th car. tbh the 5 pot is an awesome sounding engine, and performance is great for the money. most people are getting somewhere around the 300bhp mark with 350ft/lb torque with an FMIC, full exhaust system, enclosed induction kit, and remap. i wouldn't expect the new 2.0 unit to be quite as powerful or torquey, but even as standard with mixed driving you are looking at 24mpg with the current model. i average 21mpg. that really is dire IMO. i'm not really complaining as I knew what to expect when i bought the car, but no doubt the new 2.0 will be considerably better on fuel which is a good thing as fuel gets more and more expensive.

i look forward to having a drive of the new model, although tbh i have my eye on something german of the BMW variety next.

Edited by Adam K

I quite like it !

if front end had more design & less grill... remind me of aston martin a little bit?

seems jaguar and ford like to copy their design... FOOLS!

but as said it will probably change as it had already!

current design looks quite bulky & big compared to other similar cars like the golf

this astra shape is being whored... megane? focus ?

that's fugly.

old ST was awesome. sounded awesome, looked nice and subtle (not in orange mind!) and I would love one lol.

Ahhh sounded awesome is a under statement, 5-cylinder turbo is the best sound produced from a engine! Well after the Vr6 mind ;)

I like it too. Ignore the colour. Like with any car people like different colours. Shape wise it looks great from the front not so sure on the lights at the back but as cars go. Thumbs up from me. Shame to ditch the 5 cylinder turbo. Adams car sounded great. Mpg ****e though.

I'm not liking the back. But am I the only one that thinks the interior looks absolutely awesome for a Ford? I think it looks like it's built to a really nice quality inside.

The Volvo 5 cylinder has had to go because it (along with all the rest of the Ford petrols) are too thirsty and don't have low enough emmissions these days. The Eco-boost engines were tipped off when the current Fiesta was revealed running from 1.0 upwards.

The Focus ST will run a 2.0 version putting out more power, better economy than the current one, so it's a win.

As for the styling on the show car, it's rank and most will be sold in the usual spectrum. Styling has to appeal to the Focus buyer, it's a progression from the current model. The rear end is reminiscent of the B-Max concept to me. However, I'm sure it will be as good if not better than the current line up (and most of the direct competition) in the dynamics department.

Quality should be good like all modern Fords.

Overall, I like it because I can see beyond that paint.

Edited by IDGM

The Focus ST will run a 2.0 version putting out more power, better economy than the current one, so it's a win.

The 5-pot sounded lovely, set it apart from its peers and added character. Economy was very poor admittedly :lol:

Is that supposed to be sarcastic? My Dad's old Sierra was a billion times better than his new shape Mondeo is.

my focus ST is better built than any seat (2x ibiza cupras), skoda (fabia vRS), or vw (lupo sport, lupo gti, polo gti) i've owned.

according to auto express the new RS focus will have an electric engine feeding the back wheels and a 2.5 petrol up front

my focus ST is better built than any seat (2x ibiza cupras), skoda (fabia vRS), or vw (lupo sport, lupo gti, polo gti) i've owned.

You must be extremely lucky then.

My dad's Mondeo is crap.

The girlfriends dad has had

2 X Focus ST's and 1 X new shape Mondeo and they have all been gotten rid of after 6 months because they were complete rubbish (bought new from a dealer I may add).

My Mk6.5 Fiesta was as well built as any VW of the early to mid 2000's I've ever been in, handled superbly (despite it being the base model) & the main dealers I used were faultless for servicing and a bit of warranty work when my ABS control unit failed. Compare that to the squeaky Ibiza, kangarooing Golf IV and the fight to get warranty repairs done by the respective dealers...

A car can be complete rubbish just because the car doesn't meet the expectation of what the owner wants from it long term. What catalogue of faults did these cars have?

My Mk6.5 Fiesta was as well built as any VW of the early to mid 2000's I've ever been in, handled superbly (despite it being the base model) & the main dealers I used were faultless for servicing and a bit of warranty work when my ABS control unit failed. Compare that to the squeaky Ibiza, kangarooing Golf IV and the fight to get warranty repairs done by the respective dealers...

A car can be complete rubbish just because the car doesn't meet the expectation of what the owner wants from it long term. What catalogue of faults did these cars have?

Okay, I can't remember what was wrong with the first Focus ST but I know there was something. The second Focus ST felt sluggish compared to the first (even though they were both ST3's), but Ford wouldn't admit that there was anything wrong with it. The Mondeo had dodgy brakes and again Ford wouldn't own up to there being any issue.

Quite frankly I'd rather have a Sierra than any of these modern Ford's. We test drove a Fiesta ST a while back and I thought it was ridiculous. The interior plastics were flimsy, the soft dashboard was tacky, the gear stick looked old fashioned, and the thing sounded like it was doing a 100mph when you were only doing about 30mph. I wouldn't mind that sort of 'in your face' noise from a true performance car (in fact I'd quite like it, I like the noise we can get out of the TT), but out of a Fiesta it's just lame. Like McDonalds chav boy racer lame. I was shocked when I realised how poor the fuel economy is in one too, I would have thought that a car that weighed about the same as a fart would have easily cracked 40mpg to be honest. 147bhp out of a 2.0 engine isn't anything to write home about either is it really?

My dad's mate who has a Mondeo in 2.2 litre diesel variety (I think it's a 2.2 does that sound right?) had to have well over £2000 worth of repairs done in the engine bay (injectors, fly wheel and a load of other stuff that I can't remember), days after buying it from a garage. Luckily for him it was under warranty, but still very inconvenient, especially as it happened around Christmas time. The belief that Ford parts are cheap seems not to be the case nowadays too.

And don't even get me started on the new Ka. I HATED the old one, but the new one, well I'd rather have a Chevrolet Matiz to be quite honest.

If your Fiesta has been trouble free then I strongly recommend that you hold on to it forever and do not swap it for another one as you've been lucky. Growing up I loved Fast Ford's, I loved Ford in general. My whole family has always been of the opinion that Ford are better than Vauxhall. Well my younger brother has just bought a Corsa over a Fiesta and my dad is now looking at Golf's. Our opinion of Ford is at an all-time low, and I really don't think that we are the only ones?

Wow, what a rant, sorry to go on.