Craigs Blue Mk2 Arosa Sport

craigg!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon kids would be hard pushed to throw little stone chips hard enough to do that to your screen.

Do they have a lawn? Are the stones spilled onto it? Have they cut their grass?

Unless I am mistaken and the stones aren't little.

Sorry I can't quote on my phone but @silver here's two driveways close by with the stones on and there's quite a few scattered over the road, no grass has been cut but I did also think its a bit much damage for kids just throwing unless there catapulted haha. I also though of cars firing them up but nothing can go fast enough on that bit of the road. Plus there's no new stone chips to the bumper or bonnet, just the screen :(

Well the new screen is in and I can now see again.

Sadly the weather turned just as I got home so no bath for the arosa today.

Work has also started on a rear bumper I got hold of from the marketplace

The plan is to smooth off the strips so I cut both sides out and then melted them back into place but further in.

Mixed up some filler and off I went. Only managed to get one side part done but its looking good so far.

I'm unsure on smoothing out the gap between the valance and colour coding? Do I don't I?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the texture?

Lookin good, to get rid of texture needs sanding down from high grade to fine grade paper, but I wouldn't bother coloring or smoothing it in keep it black looks more oem and breaks the car up

Work has also started on a rear bumper I got hold of from the marketplace

The plan is to smooth off the strips so I cut both sides out and then melted them back into place but further in.

Mixed up some filler and off I went. Only managed to get one side part done but its looking good so far.

exactly what ive done with the arosa bumper i have just needs finished and painted

Another quick update. removed my door mouldings today :) love it even more now.

just seriously need to sort my front coilovers out then i can get them fit and get it down a bit more.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzgtMjAxMTA3MTktMTkyMy5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODAtMjAxMTA3MTktMTkyNC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzktMjAxMTA3MTktMTkyMy5qcGc.jpg

comments welcome :)

• 3 weeks later...

update...

got my pressed plates last week and finally got them on. also with the front coilovers being seized iv never got round to fitting them so iv got a new set off adjuster rings being made up, so hopefully they will be ok then i can finally get the front low :P

just a few pictures now. as the weathers been nice i decided to start detailing the rosssa so here how she is so far

enjoy.

284831_10150728213670328_581935327_19918072_940260_n.jpg

263106_10150697819090328_581935327_19530797_8148260_n.jpg

215021_10150728212715328_581935327_19918055_2654710_n.jpg

• 5 months later...

Its been a while since iv made an update so today my girlfriend decided she wanted to go for a drive over some of the cumbrian passes so i thought it would be a good time to get some new photos. good roads, good photo spots so here goes....

1327843287763.jpg

1327843264934.jpg

1327841658418.jpg

1327841578781.jpg

1327841562892.jpg

• 3 months later...

No updates for a while. Not much has happened lately, the teledials came off for a week while I sanded down the curb marks, I'm going to polish the dish up to a mirror finish eventually. What's the best products to use?

Ballin' on old school BMW alloys.

PicsArt_1336395034929.jpg

Teledials are back on but need finished

IMG_20120502_142949.jpg

New tyres, and a little bit of stretch

IMG_20120505_155343.jpg

Also feel free to follow me on instagram... Craigoss2k7

Peaccce

Tasty arosa! like the white against the blue! are your new tyres the same as you old ones? and how thick are you 4x100 to 5x130 adapters? gives it a lovely stance!

Thanks I think the blue and white works too. Yeh they are the same size tyre 165/50r15 just a different make. I'm not too sure on the adaptor size, I think 15-20mm.

Very tidy rosa mate loving the white 'dials :shades:

Thanks I think the blue and white works too. Yeh they are the same size tyre 165/50r15 just a different make. I'm not too sure on the adaptor size, I think 15-20mm.

Brill, thanks. i'll soon be fitting a set of teledials to mine. hoping they look as neat on as yours do :wub:

Very tidy rosa mate loving the white 'dials :shades:

Thanks Koop. Just need some more small mods to tidy it up, not sure what to do.

Brill, thanks. i'll soon be fitting a set of teledials to mine. hoping they look as neat on as yours do :wub:

• 1 month later...

do you know the offset on your teledials? and have you got any more plans for the 'rosa?

I don't sorry, will find out for you though. No more plans just a service and brakes today, then just tidying up the bodywork. I have a rear bumper that's half smoothed that needs finished and painting so maybe that will get done at some point.

• 2 weeks later...