Dan's 1.4S 16V Horse-mobile

DanGB

Hello chaps and chapettes.

Im Dan from SE London, and ive recently bought a Lupo as a second car to share with my missus'.

Its an 2001 X Lupo 1.4S 16V in Flash Red with 104K on the clock. I paid 1850 after a bit of haggling from an independant dealer which is probably a bit over the odds but it was easy and the best I saw after a few weeks of looking. Also had a bit of peace of mind with it. Car's in good condition paintwork was almost perfect, no dents, just a bit of laquer coming off by the front lights. The interior is immaculate apart from the usual peeling door handles!

Ive just had the usual rust done on the roof by VW for free as well.

Now for some pictures.

Firstly my other ride, my true love..my super modded Seat Leon.. with over 400 ponies under the hood, so its a totally different animal to the lupo. But the lupo is almost as fun to drive with the choice mods I have now..

46872_425020683084_595723084_5123661_6159761_n.jpg

Now.. here comes the Lupo..

Mods since I purchased:

• Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers

• Aux-in cable for the Headunit

• Rclick Remote central locking kit (already had central locking)

• VW 14inch starlite wheels with 195/45/14 tyres

• Shiny new number plates

• and finally today I shall be fitting the Whiteline Anti roll bar from Awesome GTI I picked up at E38.

THe main problem being with the car is that is that my missus uses it several times a week to go to the stables. That in itself is no problem of course, but the road leading to the stables (private road) has the worse speed humps known to man. Ive known standard cars to scrape these bumps. The car has been lowered a fair bit but I really cant go as low as I want due to this, but nevermind. It handles like a dream so thats the main thing.

lupo1.jpg

lupo2.jpg

Thats my story so far...

Edited by DanGB

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one :wub:

Red lupo and Starlites = win lol

Love it B)

Thanks for the comments guys. Going for the super clean immaculate OEM look like Ryan, going to clean up and polish some bits in the engine bay as well now. Thats all new to me as the engine in the Leon has never been about good looks :)

nice dude! looks really tidy.

how did you do the aux in on the HU. can you share any info?

Thanks,

Yes the cheapest way which is purely an input using the headphone jack of your mp3 player/cd palyer etc, is using a cable like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230497184556

With the headunit in the Lupo, you need one of these 'intellegent' units as it sends a signal to the headunit to emulate an attached CD player. Basic aux-in cables will not work and the HU will never switch to the CD player input, that was the first mistake I made :)

Its easy to fit, and I found the best place to postion the cable is to feed it under the HU into the tray that sits under the headunit. There are already large holes to feed the cable into the tray.

The Cable then sits in the tray so you can conveniently place your ipod or whatever in there for your journey. Let me know if you need any photos.

Edited by DanGB

Currently polishing the manifold heatshield, its a right arse as the metal is really uneven and bumpy so its difficult to do it with a electric sander! and all those black spots were almost impossible to remove..

Before:

heatshield1.jpg

Edited by DanGB

Tidy Looking car there.

Liking the Starlites!

She wants a white with sparkly bits, but I think the silver just looks too classy to change!

Just started spraying my winter wheels which are going to be white with silver glitter :P - Great minds think alike.

Let you know how they turn out :)

Thanks,

Yes the cheapest way which is purely an input using the headphone jack of your mp3 player/cd palyer etc, is using a cable like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230497184556

With the headunit in the Lupo, you need one of these 'intellegent' units as it sends a signal to the headunit to emulate an attached CD player. Basic aux-in cables will not work and the HU will never switch to the CD player input, that was the first mistake I made :)

Its easy to fit, and I found the best place to postion the cable is to feed it under the HU into the tray that sits under the headunit. There are already large holes to feed the cable into the tray.

The Cable then sits in the tray so you can conveniently place your ipod or whatever in there for your journey. Let me know if you need any photos.

Thanks dude.

So is there a way of running both the aux in and the cd changer together? do you have any pics?

Cheers dude

Thanks dude.

So is there a way of running both the aux in and the cd changer together? do you have any pics?

Cheers dude

not sure about running the CD changer and AUX, I dont think so?

Heres a pic of the cable installed:

aux_in.jpg

Edited by DanGB

Gave a bit of a clean yesterday, cant believe how bright the paintwork is :D

Spent a hour removing about 10,000 white horse hairs as well from inside!

Also de-wipered the rear. The Wiper was a right arse to get off. The Halfords gromet is a bit grey looking, any ideas to make it a bit more black?

de_wiper.jpg

lupo3.jpg

Edited by DanGB