Insurance prices gone up again?

HaZz

I was just checking out a few insurance quotes on different cars to see what i will be able to afford next year.

I am 19 , and next month about to get my 1 year no claims bonus, and at the moment i am paying £1100 a year, i fill in the details with my current car with a few extra months driving and 1 years no claims bonus and they are trying to charge £1268! how does that work?! last month when i checked it said it would go down to £860! SO crap :(

Is anyone else finding this? a lot of my friends have been talking about this as well.

Insurance companies always send out much higher renewal premiums than they need to. The reason is, a lot of people are too stupid to shop around and will just accept what their current insurers tell them and pay it just for an easy life.

All you need to do is ring around, tell every insurer the best price you've had, most will try to beat it. This will take you a full day, or maybe more to get a decent price. But putting a post on an internet forum is not going to bring down the cost of your policy.

ah right i see, well i wouldn't ring them up now as i wont be buying another car till next summer so thats why i was just shopping about on the internet, i was only wondering if anyone else was in the same situation, i didn't say or think at all that you would be able to show me how to get my premium down, im not an idiot.

The industry as a whole have increased premiums by about 33% this year. This is, apparently, to cover the cost of fraudulent and inflated claims. The stupid thing is, the insurance industry allowed the escalation of 'free holiday' type PI claims to start off in the first place.

that wasn't what i was asking though, i was asking if anyone else was experiencing a raise in price... but nevermind.

unless you get more than one new policy a year, it's probably the same increase everybody has been talking about since the beginning of 2010

i swap insurance company every year to get the best deal, in 2009 i called up my insurance and questioned why my insurance had went up from £550 to £750 for no reason at all and they said thats the way it goes, i told them i had been offered a cheaper quote of £500 ( had i hell ) and i was going to leave, so they gave me it for £499 LOL!

i swear insurance companies sit at there little desk and throw a dart at a board covered in prices and what ever price it lands on you get told its that!

And when you hit 21, the premiums will be huge. You'll wait until you're 25 and they'll be even higher.

Premiums seem to hike up with ones increasing age.

Dont prices come down as you get older? As you have more no claims more driving experience etc.