Recommend a car =]

.Phase

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as said I'd prefer the ibiza over the polo because it has so much more equipment =]

and I think my friend is gunna buy a polo.. we will look stoopid when following xD

civic don't have much tuning possibility apart from supercharger, and as said probably can't insure, and don't want one!

150bhp until 6krpm? no ta! I hate VTEC!

a standard PD 130 has better in gear acceleration

...looks like an ibiza FR... my car is going tomorrow so I need to find one :o and greeny is off the road for the project!

Edited by .Phase

if anyone is having the same problem deciding I would HIGHLY recommend the FR, the cooper S was a great car and I'm sure you would get use to the feel of it but the FR is just so easy to drive quick and I love the steering, it's electro hydraullic and makes the lights dim it requires so much battery ^_^ but it does an amazing job of letting you dart about

even standard power was impressive, not too far off my remapped PD130, so remapped it would eat it alive :D

• 2 weeks later...

if I had 12k I'd have the astra VXR =]

Id take the Focus ST over the VXR - better car IMO. I preferred the Corsa VXR over the Astra too. Having said that you can buy a proper car for 12k, never mind poncing about in hot hatches

To be honest It will kill me gettin rid of it mate, But the repayments are £200 a month and I have just split with the misses and she wants £150 a month off me for my little one, which is fair enough.

So I need to free up some money, plus Its a 60mile round trip to work so i think a diesel will be better.

But back to the question. . . its a crackin car! so much fun, with ample power. Granted its not the fastest thing on the road but it suprises a few people. My dad drives a 3.2 A4 and he prefers to take my car for the short trips to the shops. He loves it :lol:

VW Mk1 Golf GTI?

VW Lupo GTI?

VW Polo 6N2 GTI?

Peugeot 106 GTI?

Toyota MR2 (Mk2 Rev 3)?

Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth (maybe classic insurance)?

BMW 318i Compact (RWD!)?

any of them have aircon and easily tuneable ?

Not really interested in an old car... my lupo gives me enough trouble! :D

I already bought the ibiza FR anyway! Got a great deal from a Seat dealer, 2007 plate! 1yr Seat Warranty etc.!

I really like the panda 100hp!

I couldn't drive a car that slow again though :(

have you considered the Ibiza FR TDi over Fabia ?

Will be cheaper and have more equipment :)

Plus the steering is so good!

Edited by .Phase

Not the biggest fan in red, but I wanted the grey. the Sales guy told me it would be near impossible to pick a grey one up at the time, as it was a limited edition colour?? not sure if he was blaggin me or not.

Mine will be up for sale hopefully soon, around 5k with 34k on the clock.

I love it, plenty of greys for sale on Autotrader. Might go hunting at the weekend, i actually like them that much.

Handling could probably be made to as good as my arosa, power gains are probably going to be the same and its a bit more modern, same insurance group as well :)

4-5k gets you a supercharger kit 'fitted'