Club Lupo rolling road day at Awesome

AwesomeAl

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although a curtailled visit for me, it was great to see so many well turned out Lupos and Arosas and meet people for the first time.

Thanks to Al for sorting an early run for the Altea so I could get home in time for my parental duties.

I hope everyone enjoyed the rest of the day.

Results for the Altea were very unexpected because I though it was down on the 140hp it should have. Can't complain though, 159hp at the flywheel (146hp at the wheels) and just over 300 torques isn't bad for stock. B) I feel that remap coming on sooner than expected. Anyway, here's a few pictures off the digital camera. I'll update with the Trip pictures once I have the film developed, assuming I got the zone focusing right.

ClubLupoAwesomeGTI2010-10-23_014.jpg

ClubLupoAwesomeGTI2010-10-23_001.jpg

ClubLupoAwesomeGTI2010-10-23_005.jpg

ClubLupoAwesomeGTI2010-10-23_010.jpg

ClubLupoAwesomeGTI2010-10-23_006.jpg

ClubLupoAwesomeGTI2010-10-23_012.jpg

I hope other post their results, it'll be nice to see what mods on the cars have given.

Edited by IDGM

Good day out.

Mitch's car is just Awesome, we all know how nice it looks, but 165bhp and much more to come with a higher rev limit and some mapping, now thats cool.

Mine did 131bhp and 119ft.lbs of torque.

All of the cars would show alot more on most rolling roads where they over calculate the flywheel power figures...

Mitch, you are getting too comfortable using Nic's name. Have you started wearing her underwear? :lol:

Well done on the run, it'll be interesting to see improvements when you get it back in for tweeking.

Seat Arosa drivers> you could've parke RED YELLOW RED for a Spanish flag photo op ;)

yeh well happy tbh, was suprised at some of the others too, nice turnout. **** weather with no wipers or heaters :wacko:

Was it you i was chatting to i was there with my 2 Nephews & the two Porsches 1st Lupo on the rolling road I ran 139.5 bhp ?

Gary

yes twas me

aha nice to have met you both hope you had a safe journey home, it was pretty dreadful driving even with wipers so I was wondering how you were getting on.

Hard core or just plain barmy or is it both ??

At least i can now put a face to a name.

Young nephew didnt stop chattering about the day all the way home.

all the best

G ;)

yeh cheers al very helpful, i slipped on the floor too but recovered it better than you did, cheers.

aha nice to have met you both hope you had a safe journey home, it was pretty dreadful driving even with wipers so I was wondering how you were getting on.

Hard core or just plain barmy or is it both ??

At least i can now put a face to a name.

Young nephew didnt stop chattering about the day all the way home.

all the best

G ;)

Hey up Gary... nice to meet you and your lupo today mate. Glad ya nephew enjoyed it... time to get him a 1litre for him to start modding early?!haha.

Later, Sam

Hey up Gary... nice to meet you and your lupo today mate. Glad ya nephew enjoyed it... time to get him a 1litre for him to start modding early?!haha.

Later, Sam

Likewise Sam sorry couldnt remember ur user name tried to speak to as many people as i could in the short time I was there whilst trying to keep young nephew & mates happy as well, was done in by time left for home

Nephew was on an adrenalin high as we set off back & some tit in a Passatt 20V with his mates having borrowed his dads motor started hasling me

Tried to ignore him for a bit but as I cud see his mates were laughing when he was within 2mm of rear bumper advised young nephew was going to drop him at the lights, I was having none of that.

Blitzed him off the lights saw his mates faces drop then teased him by letting him come back for more (thinking I was all done) then did him again !!

Childish i know but bigger fool him just cos it looks standard doesn't mean it is got to motorway I pointed to slip road saying go up there he was having none of it & went on way with tail between legs,

All nephew said was 'Uncle Gary you toasted him that was sick' translated i think that means you showed him that was good, need to get down with the youth a bit more :lol:

All the best & thanks to everyone who went for being so friendly my two mates with the Porsches also passed comment on how everyone from the club had a good spirit about them & all seemed well up for it so thats a good reflection on our Club & i think we should be proud of that as the porsche owners club can be very snotty, they were quite surprised at some of the runs, got the usual stick off them when videoing mine on rolling road saying 'just have to set the zoom someone brought a toy car on for a laugh' but they didn't laugh that loud when figures were in

Cheers everyone give yourselves a big pat on the back those that attended/supported the day

G ;)

Thanks to Al for sorting an early run for the Altea so I could get home in time for my parental duties.

Results for the Altea were very unexpected because I though it was down on the 140hp it should have. Can't complain though, 159hp at the flywheel (146hp at the wheels) and just over 300 torques isn't bad for stock. B) I feel that remap coming on sooner than expected. Anyway, here's a few pictures off the digital camera. I'll update with the Trip pictures once I have the film developed, assuming I got the zone focusing right.

No worries Iain! Good to see you!

I'm not entirely sure why but the Seat 2.0TDI 140's always seem give the best figures. The standard A3's tend to run bang on 140, with the Golfs coming in at around 150.

Should all say a big thanks to Al for organising the day, Wouldn't of happened without him. :)

Thanks James! :)

Yep threee cheers for Al

top man

Thanks Gary! Was good to see that you got the figure we'd both hoped for! The car pulled really well on the road test :) It's a credit to you!

Top guy, really friendly :)

Thanks mate :)

yeh cheers al very helpful, i slipped on the floor too but recovered it better than you did, cheers.

Yeah, I'm a health and safety hazard in that place! Plus I don't have the years of practice in break dancing you've got lol!

I had a good day everyone, thanks Al for organising it all :D

No worries Katie! Was good to meet you! Probably see you again at one of the Peak Vag meets later on in the year or early next year!

Thanks Al, was a great day! As always everyone was friendly and some lovely cars.

Was rather pleased with my 131bhp at the clutch, 120bhp at the wheels and 118 ft-lbs

Good to see you again Ed! Great result on the rollers for a well looked after completely standard engine! :)