The best ... Polish and wax

Sophie_M

Had the complete interior out of the bora today to hoover the carpets properly :) Lovely and clean now.

Washed all the soot off the back end of the car and washed the flies off the front end.

I've cleaned the paint and re-waxed the whole of the back end of the car. Tomorrow I hope to give the car a full going over, Wash, Dry, Wax etc. I'll even be cleaning the wheels/tyres!

• Like 1

Washed with poorboys slick n suds

clay bar'd occasionally

polished with clearkote vanilla moose glaze

sealed with poorboys EX-P

waxed with collinite marque d'elegance

+ all the other bits

Dont have time to do all that very much these days mind!

About to go do mine now for Dub Mania :)

Once I can be bothered to get out of bed! haha

I'm estimating it'll take about 6 hours :(

I'll be using-

Whatever shampoo is kicking about

Clay bar

Poorboys SSR 2.5

Meguiars Show Glaze

Some American wax I can't remember the name of

Jetseal 109

I can't be arsed today, it's too hot... Cars on rollers ATM misbehaving, got loads to do, black car, too hot to clean

meh.... Will wait till later, was going to give it a pass over with the machine, mabe not then lol.

John

I'm going to clean the inside of my car today. It looks disgraceful where the sound deadening used to be.

It's filthy and needs painting, but at least I don't have carpets to worry about :D

Going home tonight to give mine a quick wash and a wax, cant wait for the usual "your car is clean, why you doing it again for?!" and "STOP USING ALL THE WATER, HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE BILL!!"

i get that all the time lol, "why are you cleaning it, you did it 2 days ago??!!" Its easier the more you do it tho. i did mine yesterday but as i fully detailed it a couple days ago i just washed and used some Mer polish i had knocking about. Said it was ok to do in the sun. Drove around all yesterday and made an interesting discovery. If you drive at 40mph bugs dont splat on your car they bounce lol. So thats what ive been doing apart from the carriageway when im at a hair raising 60mph lol, but at least my car is spanking :D

I can't be arsed today, it's too hot... Cars on rollers ATM misbehaving, got loads to do, black car, too hot to clean

meh.... Will wait till later, was going to give it a pass over with the machine, mabe not then lol.

John

Really hope you get it sorted mate :)

I'm outside at the moment, cleaning. It's far too warm and I've just run out of quick detailer half way through clay barring my car :(

Shampoo in the bottle, dilute it with water, job done.

Cheaper and better than quite detailer.

Mines getting.....

Snow foam and jet wash x2

Wash with Zaino Z7 Shampoo, TBM... Try out my new Dodo Wookie.

Wheels cleaned with Bilberry, tyres with G101.

Polish, not decided what yet. mabe Zaino Z5 if it will cure.

Poorboys Black Hole glaze.

Dodo Purple Haze Pro wax.

Polish glass with AG glass polish.

Dress tyres with Megs Endurance tyre gel.

Vac interior.

Wipe all trims etc with Megs Hyperdressing.

Good call about the dilute shampoo B)

However I used my powers of persuasion to get someone to pick some detailer up whilst I sat in the sun playing Angry Birds :P

I got finished with literally 5 minutes to spare before the sun went down and the rain started pouring :)

My right arm now resembles Quagmire's left arm when he discovers the internet :lol:

tumblr_kr1hnifZZc1qa6fdio1_500.png

Edited by MarkS

I started at 5pm yesterday after having an eventful day on the rollers.

Snowfoam x2, Blast off.

Wash with Zaino Z8 Wash, (Imo best wash about atm)

Dry using last touch as wetting agent

Menzerna power finish with Menzerna 80mm finishing pad on DA

Zaino Z5, Two coats

Poorboys Black Hole, Two coats.

Dodo Juice Purple Haze Wax

Finished At 10pm in the dark...... laugh.gif

To do today before i leave for dub mania.

Interior Vac

Leather Clean

Detail Black Plastics

Fit Wheels

Detail Arches and brakes

Quick clean of engine bay

Fit Bonnet Bra

Leavign at 12..... Better get on with it.

I just chucked a bit of megs shampoo over it yesterday evening, no time to clean it properly!

you can get away with that though on a white car!!! plus your's never gets dirty enough to need a detail :lol: see you at half 9 japseye!

Just with regard to the original post about the best polish and wax. I'd probably say that one of the better options, if you want off the shelf gear is Autoglym Super Resin Polish followed by Autoglym Exstra Gloss Protection. It's a sealant not a wax but it'll hold up better than most of the waxes you pick up in somewhere like Halfords.

There's not definitive answer to which products are best though. I personally prefer to use only Dodo Juice products on my Megane but they last me forever because I don't use the car regularly. I'll clay with Sonus Green, polish with Lime Prime or Lime Prime Lite, then wax with Orange crush and then top up the protection with Red Mist.

On my Lupo, I use AG Super Resin Polish and Finishkare 1000P to protect it. Lasts months and a lot longer than a lot of other products. Only looking at £25 for both producst which will last years of using.

A clean car is a clean car, no denying that. A detailed car is a different thing but it's down to whether you notice the difference or not. For me I like to have the engine bay clean, all the door shuts, hinges and plastics protected. I'll only use certain techniques and products I'm happy are safe.

This was the last bit of detailing I had done on my Megane. OCD is definitely the right word! lol

FinalPic.jpg