Volcanic Ash

CasperGTI

Well most people have been going on about this ash stuff, most saying that there's nothing to worry about.

Well here is what happens when you do have an ash problem, A/C landed fine, both engines running but one apparently feeling "sluggish" According to the captain.

Ash caused engine to fail, Which shat its pants throwing the turbine and half the compressor out of the engine.

Pics taken last week.

P3010085.jpg

P3010075.jpg

P3010044.jpg

P3010036.jpg

P3010019.jpg

P3010013.jpg

DSCF7407.jpg

DSCF0441.jpg

DSCF0434.jpg

DSCF0420.jpg

P3010159.jpg

P3010092.jpg

John

Seeeesh, I wasnt one of those people that didnt believe that it had effects but i never knew they had effects like that.

My word that is amazing, I'm hoping everyone survived?

Sam

Not 100% sure on what happened, we were emailed the pictures as we operate the same type of aircraft.

Apparently it was in Germany when it happened.

Aircraft landed safely, no one was hurt. But im guessing the pilots arse was going sixpence - half a crown!

No one else? Ok.... Bit of T Cut, sort that right out!

Looks nasty, and I never heard anyone say its nothing to worry about, considering the flights delayed etc. Hadnt seen any pics of damage either though, looks nasty! :o

Well Cap, we've had it on the computer and there are no fault codes, you're imagining the sluggish feeling. It's a characteristic of the plane mate.

lol!!! ^^^

I thought the reaction to the ash cloud was justified, and not at all over reacted.

I think with commercial jets flying at 35k feet, they should be ok.

I wouldnt worry to much as all british aircraft under go engine checks quite often.

no pics of the 747 that lost all 4 and glided for 15 mins before restart?

no pics of the 747 that lost all 4 and glided for 15 mins before restart?

Thats a really famous one, back in 1982, and there was a KLM one in 1989 also in a 747. Back then it wasn't thought as serious as it is nowadays.

A lot of damage there showing the potential of it all,luckily none of ours have suffered with any problems, we are carrying out checks after flights to look for any signs of ash ingestion but nothing as of yet.

Tom

Just out of interest, what plane are these John?

I showed them to my Dad as he's interested in this kind of stuff (served his apprenticeship in the RAF and is a bit of a aircraft geek) and he was a bit stumped!?

There small business jets, seat about 6-10 in a VIP config.

We look after stuff ranging from 6-10 VIP to about 14-18 VIP, beds, showers, conference rooms.... you name it and we have probably seen it! The larger aircraft if in poverty spec would seat a good 50 people.

The aircraft that this happened to is a citation CJ2 i think. There really crap ugly looking things, I dont like them at all, and luckily we dont work on them!

John

I just let him know you replied, and he'd been trying to figure out what it was all day, it had been annoying him.

Pretty sure he worked on Dominies when he was in the RAF. Whenever he used to drag me to air-shows he'd always say "Worked on that one" because he'd worked on every one in service apparently!