Daily use

forsh21

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say no to a certain extent

Iv only had the Lupo out a couple of times since getting fresh paint and already i have stone chips - for it to be a proper show car id need to have full bra on the whole time and even then id still get stone chips as sometimes they cant be avoided

thats only one thing but it will get points deducted from the paint category when been judged

yes.

Just means you have to be extra careful using it and may have to put a bit more money into it than if you were to have it locked up

Mines not show condition but its pretty tidy but i keep finding stone chips and other little marks, now i know these things are going to happen but looking at the pictures from UD2010 the cars on there look unreal and have pretty much no marks on them at all.

Depends on what sort of driving you have to do really for your day to day journeys.

I washed my mmums audi the other day, about 6-8 months old and done about 4k. There isnt a single stone chip on it and the body work is like its just come out the factory. It's only used to do her short trip to work though and potter to town whenever which is why i think its still fresh.

To me a good show car is one that looks smart yet is clearly used every day and is as it would be when it used every day. I hate nothing more than seeing some obviously never drive ornament on show, its not a CAR! cars get you places, thats the whole point in them.

So for me, yes, a daily can be a show car (so long as you dont have air, thats a whole new canm of worms)

I think R12yan is a daily, as was Linz's. I know Bluloop has some stone chips from usage, but he still manages to pull in the trophies.

Sorry, did I say that out loud.

Unless it's concours it's pretty petty to knock marks off for a few stone chips.

To me a good show car is one that looks smart yet is clearly used every day and is as it would be when it used every day. I hate nothing more than seeing some obviously never drive ornament on show, its not a CAR! cars get you places, thats the whole point in them.

So for me, yes, a daily can be a show car (so long as you dont have air, thats a whole new canm of worms)

i agree with this ^^^^

I would say its impossible, unless the driver spent each and every day polishing and cleaning, driving 24/7 with a full facial gimp mask, and a bonnet bra..

I have been to a few South West VW shows, entered mine in few times because I stayed the weekend.

Plymouth was the best, me and mate were the only cars on the watercooled catagory that didnt wash our cars... for 3 hours... or painted our tyres black... or polished... we did nothing. We stayed the 3 day show, the cars were covered in dust, underside with mud, smelling of beer.

Surprisingly we didnt win. The car who did cleaned his car everyday of the show.. at least twice.

I would say its impossible, unless the driver spent each and every day polishing and cleaning, driving 24/7 with a full facial gimp mask, and a bonnet bra..

I have been to a few South West VW shows, entered mine in few times because I stayed the weekend.

Plymouth was the best, me and mate were the only cars on the watercooled catagory that didnt wash our cars... for 3 hours... or painted our tyres black... or polished... we did nothing. We stayed the 3 day show, the cars were covered in dust, underside with mud, smelling of beer.

Surprisingly we didnt win. The car who did cleaned his car everyday of the show.. at least twice.

Well i have to say that is slightly obv's !!! A show car dosent have to be clean all the time !! Only clean when at shows hence show car !!!! If your car is dirty however absolutely amazing which lets say chromed engine bay !!! BBS RS's polished like **** !!! Interior brewing with the smell of fresh leather how ever covered in ****e obv's its not gunna win nothing!!!! my mate's dad has a 1967 Sunbeam alpine !!! And currently rated best in country ! And he drives not alot but still uses on good days !!! Like today !!! So yes i think you can have a show car daily aslong as the time and effort goes in to keep in good knick and do not harrass the car with burnouts and stupid fast driving i think your onto a winner !!!!

Mike

Edited by Ralphy

Mines not show condition but its pretty tidy but i keep finding stone chips and other little marks, now i know these things are going to happen but looking at the pictures from UD2010 the cars on there look unreal and have pretty much no marks on them at all.

Now i'm not saying anybodys cars at ud's were not up to scratch, they were all blooming marvellous, but dont forget that a picture hides a thousand sins. After all, i'm sure we've all been buying cars and thought that one looks mint, only to get there and find out it isnt.

Mine is used alot, but it is not a daily. Not because i don't want to damage it, more that i cannot afford the petrol it uses and my mileage on my insurance is very strict, why do i want to eat up my mileage driving forward and back to work? Id much rather use it driving it for fun.

Its all very well saying driveway ornaments are gay, and to be honest thats a very ignorant comment. Im not complaining about the next point, but you try and daily drive a 20-25mpg car on a daily 100mile round trip and i guarantee you will look to seek some other sort of transport.

What you also forget is with some show cars is that some of them have high performance engines. for example mine requires servicing every 2500-3000 miles, where the oil used is about £60 plus. The belt needs changing every 1500 miles too, but that's only £30. But you can imagine, it does rack up the money.

I dont see your point? All i got was ..."i took my car to a show and couldnt be arsed to clean it" Bit of quick detailer or even just a dust after an initial polish at a show isnt really asking that much.

I think every car on clublupos inside stand is a daily? mine and melonmans are at least. think that answers the question really?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did use quite alot of "!" haha dont no why just like it !!! But however i stick to my point !

Mine is used alot, but it is not a daily. Not because i don't want to damage it, more that i cannot afford the petrol it uses and my mileage on my insurance is very strict, why do i want to eat up my mileage driving forward and back to work? Id much rather use it driving it for fun.

Its all very well saying driveway ornaments are gay, and to be honest thats a very ignorant comment. Im not complaining about the next point, but you try and daily drive a 20-25mpg car on a daily 100mile round trip and i guarantee you will look to seek some other sort of transport.

What you also forget is with some show cars is that some of them have high performance engines. for example mine requires servicing every 2500-3000 miles, where the oil used is about £60 plus. The belt needs changing every 1500 miles too, but that's only £30. But you can imagine, it does rack up the money.

I hate the term " show car " and due to the reasons youve said i wouldnt put yours in that bracket , its more due to financial and mechanical reasons that it isnt used as a daily, and i wouldnt either .

I dont understand why people build a car and just never drive it, its a car with its sole purpose to be used and possibly enjoyed as a mode of transport not to be a money pit and only brought out for a show .

I used to love seeing cars in retro rides etc with stone chips and little battle scars yet still looking cool.

My views dont stretch to the same reasoning for rare classics though, thats totally different.

Personally I would love to be able to have a car that i had spent thousands on and it was exactly the way i wanted it. I would happily leave it in the garage and only drive it out for shows or special occasion, would just be something really special to have. You can always have a daily aswell which.

I dont agree with show cars NEVER being drving. I saw a MK4 which was on display at UD being trailored back, now that is gay. May aswell not even have an engine.

Personally I would love to be able to have a car that i had spent thousands on and it was exactly the way i wanted it. I would happily leave it in the garage and only drive it out for shows or special occasion, would just be something really special to have. You can always have a daily aswell which.

I dont agree with show cars NEVER being drving. I saw a MK4 which was on display at UD being trailored back, now that is gay. May aswell not even have an engine.

Why does it have to of had thousands spent on it ?

These so called "show cars" often end up as being like a statement of how much money you can plough into a car. AKA max power days with magic numbers bounced around " ive got 20k in this saxo "