Anyone with Quinn Insurance?

Defcon5

Quinn Insurance went into administration this morning, it seems have a hole of £200,000,000 in their finances. It has been put into administration to prevent it from losing any more cash.

I beleive the owner attempted to buy a bank last year wih the companies money and wiped out half its liquid assets overnight

Seems that giving low-cost quotes to hight-risk drivers wasnt such a good business plan after all :lol:

All policies will remain valid, however seen as they can no longer trade I cant see them being very generous with payouts

so whats that mean for me now? if i need to claim or summit?

might give them a ring and see what the crack is....just checked some comparison sites and Quinn isnt even showing up on them now.

Don't worry - there are underwriters for this kind of thing.

The administrators will decide what happens next, it may be that you'll find your policy is cut short without a refund (which would be worst case), but you shouldn't assume you're uninsured unless the Quinn admins tell you. They'll write to you as a creditor in due course.

I think what might happen is that the administrators may find another insurance company to take the client base and admin over with a view to getting more long term customers, but that's just speculation.

It's a similar situation to when all the banks went bust - other banks or financial institutions bid for and bought the mortgage books of the failed bank - this gains them (as bossjohnc said..) long term business which over time will give them profit due to the interest being paid. If you're paying an APR on your insurance with Quinn, you can bet your bottom dollar that there'll be a company out there wanting to buy the books of all policies because that APR is where they make a lot of their money.

Depending though, on how cheap your policy was (if you bought based on price, which most of us do) you may be in for a hefty increase at your renewal as whoever buys the policies in place will have to spend to gain in the long run.

Your friend is probably www.comparethemeerkat.com right about now, but as has been said - don't worry until someone writes to you to say quite clearly 'YOU ARE NO LONGER INSURED' - until then, it's as you were folks!

:)

This doesn't come as any surprise to me, in my first year they beat everyone else by a few hundred quid (1300 compared to next best of around 1800) yet at renewal couldn't come close.

My brother was the same in his first year of driving. Their logic seems totally out of sync with every other insurer.

Paid those Scottish lovely persons up front :lol:

Thieving ****ers! LMAO

You are insured Rich, for now.

What would happen if you wanted to change your policy to another vehicle etc?

The hole in their finances has appeared due to their name being incredibly similar to the word Quim. Or so I'm lead to believe.

...I shouldn't have laughed, but I did.