Madmans Red Lupo

madmanncfc

Likening the trainset and starlites, good work sir

Hahah i was wondering how long it would be until someone noticed the trains. Thanks for the comment

Ok, thanks Man!!

I'm very intested on your front belt. For the expedition i prefer UPS or a normal Royal Mail with insurance.

Ok mate ill send you a price when ive changed the belts over.

Been out again today and took a some pictures in the snow:

424461_10150560626594407_517854406_8464773_1447925902_n.jpg

425735_10150560627139407_517854406_8464776_2006603845_n.jpg

:lol:

Went on a brief trip to Peterborough yesterday to pick these up:

IMG_1073.jpg

Grey charcoal leather genuine vw doorcards.

So much nicer than the grey cards and match the seats pretty well.

You got your old cards? as i have what you just fitted but going to sell them with rest of the leather seats

• 4 weeks later...

OK so the car might be for sale as it is soon.

Ive been asking around at bodyshops and its going to be £1000 to respray the bad bits at the best one near me and i need a new car for the missus so any offers pm me.

Or should i keep it and spend the money as the cars mechanically sound?

Help!

Edited by madmanncfc

I vote keep it & start saving for the respray, it's not as if you can't still drive it in the meantime ;)

I'd never have a car re-sprayed again, its awful. You cant take it anywhere with out being paranoid. Even as careful as you can possibly be, like I am with mine. I had my fresh paint keyed after two weeks.

Work with with you've got, just tidy the edges!

Way I see it you're more likely to regret selling than not, if you don't sell you can change your mind later, can't do that if you get rid! Maybe go back to bodyshop for a quote on touching up the bad bits rather than a full respray?

I vote keep it & start saving for the respray, it's not as if you can't still drive it in the meantime ;)

I'd never have a car re-sprayed again, its awful. You cant take it anywhere with out being paranoid. Even as careful as you can possibly be, like I am with mine. I had my fresh paint keyed after two weeks.

Work with with you've got, just tidy the edges!

keep. Alot of people get rid of these and then regret it very shortly afterwards.

I think you should keep it and do the respray ...

Otherwise I can book me for Starlites? :thumbup:

Thanks for the opinions/support guys ive struck lucky on some parts for the missus' car so if i manage to fit them ill be getting the paintwork sorted.

:)

Well my life officially SUCKS!

Sorted the missus car out by mending the damage too it and then im at work today in the office at the shop and me and the boss hear a huge crash sound followed by a car speeding off from the carpark. Noone else is in the car park thats seen anything as its like 7pm and we close at 8 and theres only my car and two others in the car park.

We cant see the plate as the office doesnt face toward the car park.

So we go outside and my cars been rear ended the bumpers popped off both sides and theres a nice big mark in it. Pics will be up tommorrow but the rear tow eye isnt straught and theres a small crease in the boot floor.

Im gutted

:(:sick::furious:

Ah right

Well ive already stripped the rear bumper off completely and put the bumper into storage at work. It drove home ok so im going to get the chassis checked tommorrow too see its its bent the whole car or just dented the boot floor and bumper panel.

If the chassis is straight im going to see if i can rework the important panels and leave the boot floor as it is.

Im not planning on selling the car as i love it too much so if i can mend the damage and then get the spray work done that ive already booked its being kept. If the chassis is too bent im going to break the car and see what i can replace it with.

At the moment i cant even look at it in this state as it makes me cry.

Well i havent been well today so my mate picked the car up and took it in to his shop where it is now.

The chassis isnt bent or twisted and the damage to the boot floor wouldnt be an mot failure. All i have to do now is look at it tommorrow when im better and try and reshape the panel thats bent.

On the plus side it gives me a good idea for a new project to ressurect the lupo myself.